Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
.308W vs 7.62NATO - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 01-21-2022, 04:41 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
From 90% of what I've read, it's the other way around in this case, though there seems to be some debate as to the pressure units or method used to rate them. 62,000 for the 308 vs 50,000 for the 7.62 NATO

Either way, looking at a Bushmaster AR-10 ORC. Anyone have opinions or experience with this rifle? Looking to use it for fun/target shooting and mid distance hunting rifle.
I have one of those firearms, don't shoot it for hunting as it is noisy. Fun to plink with if you like the added recoil and distance. I reload so costs are within reason. It is fun to shoot but heavy compared to its smaller cousin.

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2022, 08:46 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber16 View Post
imo DPMS makes a great value firearm.
Mines setup for both hunting & personal protection, three types of optics and a few other nice additions.
Have fun with that build.

I've been going back and forth between my holographic sight mounted on top of the scope, or on a 45 degree adapter on the side. For me, it's uncomfortable and a little obstruction mounted on top of the scope. The 52mm scope gets in the way. This set-up is on my MP15-22 critter and HD rifle, which I'm probably going back to. Tilting the gun on the 45 to use the holographic is actually pretty comfortable and accurate. I call it shooting "ghetto style". lol
Can't customize your grandpa's 30-06 the way you rigged this rifle, can you? Don't think so.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:37 AM
Minnow

Trying to take my AR 10’s up here in 🇨🇦. The smaller AR 15 is already prohibited a few yrs now. Up here semi auto anything mags pinned to 5 rounds. Liberal decided the AR’s are frightening although not used in a single homicide or a single crime. I’ll dig a hole before I hand over a single firearm to these idiots!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	514BBBE0-7A48-4385-99C8-7D35422493A5_1677685035047.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	339053