Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Opinions On Revisions for This 16' Lund - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-22-2022, 04:33 AM
Wallhanger

Default Opinions On Revisions for This 16' Lund

This 16' will have a 25 hp LS electric start Evinrude with front shift.

To keep the weight down planning to use https://www.linerxtreeme.com/on the floor.
The front bow section investigating 3/16 aluminum floor braced running the span along the first rib,also sprayed, The bow curve can be tricky for footing.

Looking into making the center seat split, or instead hinged cover, removing the foam for storage putting it some where else.

Any thoughts pro or con
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lund 3.jpg
Views:	2649
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	331372  

Last edited by Gary Korsgaden; 01-22-2022 at 04:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2022, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Probably not of much help, other than to offer having placed a floor in my similar boat eons ago. I blind riveted aluminum angle brackets to the vertical portions on the seats and placed plywood on top, fastened to the brackets. Having a flat floor in my boat meant all the difference in comfort. To keep from slipping, after painting the newly installed floor, I sprinkled sand over the still wet paint, absolutely wonderful! Not a significant weight addition. Good luck with your project.

Bill
Old 01-22-2022, 06:40 AM
Wallhanger

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Krejca View Post
Probably not of much help, other than to offer having placed a floor in my similar boat eons ago. I blind riveted aluminum angle brackets to the vertical portions on the seats and placed plywood on top, fastened to the brackets. Having a flat floor in my boat meant all the difference in comfort. To keep from slipping, after painting the newly installed floor, I sprinkled sand over the still wet paint, absolutely wonderful! Not a significant weight addition. Good luck with your project.

Bill
I moved this from the motor portion of WC. What size marine grade did you use? Lund uses 3/8 MDO. Got it about the angle brackets did you have any additional bracing spanning under the floor.

It will be fun to work on this when it warms up

Last edited by Gary Korsgaden; 01-22-2022 at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2022, 07:31 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

I won't get in a boat these days without a floor. Maybe some sort of tote just for life jackets? Throw the anchor on the floor behind you. Net, couple of rods & tackle box and you are golden.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:16 AM
Wallhanger

Default Go back and forth

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
I won't get in a boat these days without a floor. Maybe some sort of tote just for life jackets? Throw the anchor on the floor behind you. Net, couple of rods & tackle box and you are golden.
Appreciate all the advice I can get. Confident there are others that may or will be doing the same...

Thanks
Old 01-22-2022, 08:52 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Don't take me wrong, I think it's good you want to bring a older hull back to life. My only point being I need a floor, I can't stumble around on a unlevel surface. Do a diary of your build and post up photo's as you go. I'll be one of the first ones to look, I think guys that can rebuild them are cool.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:15 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Korsgaden View Post
I moved this from the motor portion of WC. What size marine grade did you use? Lund uses 3/8 MDO. Got it about the angle brackets did you have any additional bracing spanning under the floor.

It will be fun to work on this when it warms up

If under the 3/8 plywood floor your not going to use it for storage you could foam underneath the plywood for rigidity. Even if you go aluminum you could go lighter and do the same thing. Weight savings and it would never ever sink. Run tubes for any wiring before foaming and would keep wiring neat and tidy if mounting any electronics up front.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:05 AM
Slot Fish

Default boat rebuild ideas

Gary, I had a very similar lay out a few years ago. The center seat had a hinged lid, for storage. Major benefits for me, may not be the same for you. 1. The strengthened side to side via the seat frame was maintained I think helped keep the structural integrity. 2. The storage area can be made water proof if desired. Never too much storage in a boat, especially covered, when you are trailering from lake to lake. Good luck.

Tx Jig Tyr
Old 01-22-2022, 10:06 AM
Wallhanger

Default Well Taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Don't take me wrong, I think it's good you want to bring a older hull back to life. My only point being I need a floor, I can't stumble around on a unlevel surface. Do a diary of your build and post up photo's as you go. I'll be one of the first ones to look, I think guys that can rebuild them are cool.
Minnesota Guy your thoughts again appreciated might of misunderstood my working am not as stable as my younger years...makes total sense.

Last edited by Gary Korsgaden; 01-22-2022 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

Didn't you just get done with one of these Gary?

Would be interesting to see a process that makes use of aluminum panels and limits the use of wood.