Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Shorelander trailer loading issues help - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 09-11-2021, 08:41 AM
Wallhanger

I had your same problem.
4 Bullseye Quick Loads not only eliminated the problem, but the wind or strong current has no effect on loading my boat dead center.
https://bullseyequickload.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2021, 05:48 PM
Wallhanger

I have a Shorelander roller trailer and when I load the boat I only back in so the step on my fender is level with the water, always loads straight unless the ramp is way off level.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:06 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
I have a Shorelander roller trailer and when I load the boat I only back in so the step on my fender is level with the water, always loads straight unless the ramp is way off level.
I used to have the same trailer under A 17 foot Lund and did the same as above. I also cranked it on rather than power loading (rollers are a dream over bunks, IMO).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2021, 06:03 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcrazy3 View Post
I used to have the same trailer under A 17 foot Lund and did the same as above. I also cranked it on rather than power loading (rollers are a dream over bunks, IMO).
you must be careful or you'll derail this thread by saying rollers are better than bunks. I know some guys that have rollers and would trade for bunk trailers today.
Old 09-21-2021, 07:33 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by last chance View Post
you must be careful or you'll derail this thread by saying rollers are better than bunks. I know some guys that have rollers and would trade for bunk trailers today.
I'm way past worrying about getting fired up over other peoples opinions. No worries. We all like what we like. I've owned boats since I was 20, and I'm 57 now. My very first boat had a Shorelander roller trailer, and I didn't know enough about them to know I hated it, but it was very difficult to load straight.

I switched out to ALWAYS having bunk trailers since that time, and have always had a very easy time at the dock.

To each his own, and whatever your favorite trailer is......hoorah for you. I'll personally take a bunk trailer every day of the week. This Shorelander trailer I currently own is in great shape, and will be put up for sale just as soon as I find a high quality dual axle bunk trailer to replace it.

I have a line on a Trailmaster, and am just waiting for the seller to get a title for it. We'll see if he follows through. Here in Illinois, we need titles and license plates for our trailers. There is a way around it with a bill of sale, but only for light duty trailers rated under 3200 lbs.. This wouldn't work for my trailer needs for the 1900 Pro V. I spent an hour on the phone with the DMV of Illinois 2 weeks ago, and know that I have the correct information from them to get a license plate.

Cheers.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:14 AM
Wallhanger

I helped a buddy get his 1800 Pro V loaded this morning. His trailer looks to be pretty much the same as yours. For the heck of it I backed it in to the top of the fenders, the boat loaded very crooked. Next, maybe halfway or a little less. It centered right up. He does not have load guides on his trailer. Had their been a strong side wind or current it would have been difficult without guides. If it were my trailer, I'd install rear load guides. If needed after that, I'd install one self centering roller on the rear crossmember. It would center your boat at the start of the loading, but as your boat moved forward the side rollers would lift and fully support the hull as designed.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210921_100640.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	553.1 KB
ID:	329378  
Old 09-22-2021, 04:12 AM
Wallhanger

I like bunk or roller trailers. the trick is to have boat guides on the back of the trailer to keep the rear straight. I have a bunk trailer that loaded hard so I put 2 sets of the after-market roller bunks and fastened them to my bunks. the only problem was when launching and you gave the winch slack the boat rolled back with the slack making it impossible to unhook the winch. but a wrap around the winch post to hold the boat in place while giving it slack cured the problem. loading was a breeze, just get the boat started and winch it up with the electric winch while the rear guides kept the back straight.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:52 AM
Wallhanger

Putting a couple of guide-ons onto back of your trailer is certainly worth trying.
If they solve the problem it would save you a lot money. IMHO.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:38 AM
Minnow

Not interested in investing that kind of money in a trailer I'm replacing. I want a dual axle trailer, because I drive long distances to fish........
Old 09-22-2021, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyefan9 View Post
Not interested in investing that kind of money in a trailer I'm replacing. I want a dual axle trailer, because I drive long distances to fish........
Hope the Trailmaster deal you're working on works out for you.

HRG