Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ft Peck 2020 - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-15-2020, 03:34 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chysteve View Post
I'm heading back up tomorrow to see if the bite is still good. Gov. Cup had some huge weights and all those big ones should still be swimming!!

I think Peck is in a very sweet spot right now after a few years of high water. I have never seen so many 25-30 inch plus walleyes, a great class of 16-20 eaters and lots of small ones below 14 inches as well.

My PB last week was a 3.5 inch wee-walleye that I suspect would have been a winner in the GC! On a leech under a bobber in 20 feet of water if anyone is interested!

Post when you get back. I am heading back up in a week I think. Too good a year to stay away. Plus salmon should be starting to show up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2020, 04:56 PM
Wallhanger

Can someone please post a link to the Governor’s Cup results? I can’t seem to find it.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:39 PM
Slot Fish

I have never been to Peck but may go next week. Would anyone care to share any general information? Also campground and launch info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2020, 06:35 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly boat View Post
I have never been to Peck but may go next week. Would anyone care to share any general information? Also campground and launch info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
You have several options. Nelson Creek, McGuire Creek, Rock Creek, **** Creek, the Dam or Crooked Creek. Fourchette and Bone Trail are on the N side of the lake between **** Creek and Crooked. Devils Creek is across from Forchette on then S side. The first three are on the Dry Arm, **** Creek is N or Jordan and Crooked Creek is N or Winnet. Crooked, Fourchette and Devils and Bonetrail have has the fewest camping and other facilities. **** Creek has a State Park camp ground, which you can book sites online. The Dam has a big B of Rec camp ground below then dam plus several other camping options such as Duck Creek or the Marina. Rock Creek, Nelson and McGuire all have campgrounds too. Plus you can camp anyplace on the Refuge but the roads are gumbo and mostly very rough for a camper. Be prepared to stay an extra day or two if need be, or stay by the Dam, **** Creek or Rock Creek where the roads are good. Also we aware that winds can get bad. Phone service is only good at the dam to just outside **** Creek.

**** Creek is very nice, the road is good gravel but washboarded and the campground is great with both hook ups and roughing it. Plus the Marina is owned by Clint Thomas who is wonderful and his boy Layne does boat/motor repairs which is huge if you have an issue. Plus they have a fuel dock and cabins.

For fishing, walleye run far to the west or far to the south in Dry Arm early in the season but move all over once the water warms. You can't go wrong anyplace this time of year. They eat perch and such in shallow in the weed beds and ciscos out over deep water. Bottom bouncers, jigs, cranks all work well. The contours are very sharp both in terms of points and bends but also depth. Humminbird map is good for the whole lake, Navionics for the Dam to just east of **** Creek.

Pike are big, like a 6 lb average and lots uo to 15-20 lbs. They like the same areas as the walleyes.

SM are on the points and especially on rock piles that are scattered around the bays.

Lakers are deep right now and can be found in 60-100 ft from Devils Creek to the dam. More are towards the dam likme from Bell Point east. Salmon are scattered and deep this time of year, from about Bell to the dam.

Well worth the trip. Where are you from?

**** means H*ll btw lol

Last edited by Peckhead; 07-15-2020 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:35 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentfrank View Post
Can someone please post a link to the Governor’s Cup results? I can’t seem to find it.
http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2020/0...ord-set-again/
Old 07-19-2020, 04:06 PM
Slot Fish

Thank you Peckhead for sharing all the great information. I wont be coming up this week but hopefully a little later. How is the fall fishing?
Old 07-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly boat View Post
Thank you Peckhead for sharing all the great information. I wont be coming up this week but hopefully a little later. How is the fall fishing?

Usually good. Later the better if it gets really hot in August for walleye. Salmon are staged by the dam in Sept.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:26 PM
Wallhanger

I'm just finishing a week here by the dam. Walleyes were scattered so took time to find them, but they really hit when you did. Biggest was 27.5 on a spinner/crawler in 20 ft. of water. Rumor is the salmon are starting to bite. Lots of boats fishing for them on the weekend. Will be back up in 3 weeks to try for them.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:52 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chysteve View Post
I'm just finishing a week here by the dam. Walleyes were scattered so took time to find them, but they really hit when you did. Biggest was 27.5 on a spinner/crawler in 20 ft. of water. Rumor is the salmon are starting to bite. Lots of boats fishing for them on the weekend. Will be back up in 3 weeks to try for them.
Thanks. I am going back up next week for about ten days. Probably camp someplace around Seventh Ridge to be in easy range of the dam and York. Hope for some salmon, counting on lakers and walleye.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:13 AM
Wallhanger

Just read that a fellow from No. Dakota broke the state record chinook salmon record this past weekend-- just over 32 pounds!