Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Boat cover cost? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-17-2020, 04:59 PM
Wallhanger

After 14 years, you've done a great job of keeping that hull looking good, considering all the time it's spent in the water.

HRG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2020, 07:23 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Chan View Post
You have better deal than us here ..... I paid close to a C$1000 14 years ago when the boat was brand new.LOL....so definitely not complaining about the pricing today
I didn't even pay close to that this time! LOL
Old 10-18-2020, 06:56 AM
Wallhanger

Nice
Old 10-18-2020, 07:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
After 14 years, you've done a great job of keeping that hull looking good, considering all the time it's spent in the water.

HRG
Honestly this boat pay for itself with the amount of time I spent on it LOL. Don’t see myself changing the boat with the pricing today (Sad), so try to keep it longer by cleaning it.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:39 AM
Wallhanger

I ordered a new cover this summer for my fisher fx18dv from dowco,.....

It was on sale and I used the code Larry10 and got an extra 10 percent off,.....$276 with free shipping,............

It a direct replacement of the original, the first one lasted 21 years,......
Old 10-18-2020, 08:39 AM
Minnow

Did you guys have to take your boats to the manufacturer or did they have the dimensions already done for your boats? TopGun states on their website that they need your boat to make the custom cover.

I wasn't sure if umbrella was the same. This is all good info as I was looking at getting the lund travel cover with a new boat order and I'd rather invest in something with more quality.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:08 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC305 View Post
Did you guys have to take your boats to the manufacturer or did they have the dimensions already done for your boats? TopGun states on their website that they need your boat to make the custom cover.

I wasn't sure if umbrella was the same. This is all good info as I was looking at getting the lund travel cover with a new boat order and I'd rather invest in something with more quality.
Top Gun is the name of the material/fabric the cover is made from not the folks that actually make the cover.

In my case, Dufort Industries made the cover, they also do OEM work for several boat makers. They have hundreds of patterns in their system. If they do not have a pattern for the model, they measure it up and create one that will forever be on their system.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:04 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC305 View Post

Regardless the Brand/Material going to use, need the boat to be there for custom for mine because I want my troller to be covered when cover is on. This place came to the marina picked up the boat and trailer it back after it’s done because I don’t have a truck to do it.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:08 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Larson View Post
I ordered a new cover this summer for my fisher fx18dv from dowco,.....

It was on sale and I used the code Larry10 and got an extra 10 percent off,.....$276 with free shipping,............

It a direct replacement of the original, the first one lasted 21 years,......
Another good price here!......even better the number of years it last assuming you used it everyday under sun/rain
Old 10-18-2020, 09:20 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Chan View Post
Another good price here!......even better the number of years it last assuming you used it everyday under sun/rain

Its outside under the cover all summer with fans running inside the boat to keep the air moving,.....

Usually put it inside for the winter but lost my space, shed was sold,............So this winter its gonna stay outside,.....