Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance H2Oc - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-28-2008, 01:52 PM
wetdream Unregistered

Default Lowrance H2Oc

Just got off the phone with lowrance. My Handheld H2O c lost position and is unable to find position. It still shows 5-6 satilites available with atleast half the bars for signal strength. It just will not lock. The technician asked to check a few settings and then recommended sending it in. The hard part was the cost. 162.45$$$ I only paid 200$$$ pluss S&H for the unit 2 years ago. The replacement unit would only carry a 6 month warranty. This price seems a little steep. I like using the H2O because it had a large screen, locked on quickly and was very compatible with my Lowrance units on my boat.

I plan on just buying a new unit. It will more than likely not be a H2O. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Wallhanger

Did you try the Initialize GPS function. I would bet that you did but thought I would ask anyway.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Slot Fish

Default H2o

I did try to initialize with no luck.

Does anyone else have a suggestion for a replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Slot Fish

So they asked you to send it in to be repaired or what?Seems like it should be a lets find out if we can repair it first thing before you spend $162.45 for what? A reconditioned unit or a new one.I have a expedition c which is the same unit but has bar.pressure readings and stormwatch.

On the Columbia River
Old 07-31-2008, 06:58 AM
Slot Fish

It did not sound like the price was negotiable. They said send it in and they would send a replacement unit. If the unit has a loose wire or a major problem the cost is the same. I think the replacement unit has a used outside with new internal parts.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Wallhanger

I have a acquaintance that did the same deal last year. He said the unit he received back looked brand new, worked like new. He was happy with the out come.

I've been extremely pleased with mine, 3 years worth of deer seasons, ice season and open water use. It's seen some elements!! Still works great. I'll add, when it sits for months, I flip it on, it does take some time to acquire sat. Sometimes 15 minutes or so. But, once it's acquired, it's fine and will acquire right away. Just when it's gone unused for a LONG time. Maybe that's what's going on with yours?? If you haven't used it for a long time, try turning it on and set it aside for a while(outside), see if it'll acquire? Just a thought. Fact is I see the same actions out of my boat GPS(Lowrance). Almost like it needs to "warm up" so to say.

Good luck.

BIRDDOG