Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird ChartSelect LiveShare Map Sharing - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the info, otherwise as woogie noted, the info gained from the Live Share site is very useful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2019, 10:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie View Post
I just returned from Lac Seul and uploaded additional mapping data to the AutoChart LiveShare site. Stayed at the same resort so a lot of repeat data coming and going from Scout Lake. A few more humps got mapped and some new areas. Feel free to take a look and share your data at https://chartselect.humminbird.com/liveshare. Safe fishing everyone.
The liveshare crowd-sourcing concept is good but one major flaw that HB needs to address is data reliability and accuracy. There needs to be some curation of the data to validate it. Lac Seul is the poster child for bad data. In looking over parts of the lake one can see the software flaws of digital depth recording problem and GPS problems embedded in the submitted data. Unfortunately the way HB has setup and constrained the liveshare data there is no way to edit the data in any way and it must be imported en bloc. So HB software errors are now propagating thru liveshare and inducing collateral damages.

These problems marginalize the value of liveshare to me. I look forward to HB applying some technology solutions to help fix these problems and make liveshare more reliable and usable either by making the data editable or scrubbing and cleaning the data before it goes in the database.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:58 AM
Minnow

I uploaded additional mapping files this week for Lac Seul on the AutoChart LiveShare server. A friend came back from a trip and had me upload the data.

A note on the accuracy: It is unfortunate that we canít edit out the bad data. If the sounder loses bottom you see extremely deep water on the map. As I noted in the original post I am more interested in showing routes that boats take from location to location. These routes that are used time and time again could be considered a travel corridor with a lessor chance of impacting underwater obstacles. Extreme caution should always be taken when traveling any body of water but especially on the Seul. I look at it as being no different than a lodge owner drawing a route on your paper map.

Good luck fishing and if you come back from Lac Seul with your original prop it was a good trip.

Tags
chart , chartselect , humminbird , liveshare , mapping