Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
mounting total scan transducer - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-01-2019, 08:01 AM
Slot Fish

Default mounting total scan transducer

I am mounting a Lowrance total scan transducer on a board. I used three screws and the first time out they pulled out of the board. Was wondering what every one was using to mount there total scan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Minnow

I had the same issue with mine originally. The screws didn't come out of the board completely, but were loose. I went to Home Depot and got stainless screws that were the next size up in diameter, along with some stainless washers to spread out the clamping force. Haven't had an issue with it since and I check it every time I go out.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Minnow

I checked my transducer screws last weekend and found them not tight. They were not completely loose but certainly they were not tight. I will try the SS washers and next larger screw.