Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rear-Facing Panoptix for Trolling? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Keeper

Default Rear-Facing Panoptix for Trolling?

I plan to pickup an LVS32 LiveScope system to pole mount off a bow rail. But that will primarily for locating fish to the sides and in front of the boat when casting for spotted (Kentucky) bass. When I’m trolling for Stripers, I’m wondering if a rear facing Panoptix unit would be worthwhile.

I do have an older PS21 I was planning on selling. Is anyone using a rear facing PS21 or other Panoptix transducer for trolling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2019, 05:40 AM
Keeper

Default panoptix

I saw a video on Youtube where a guy in Sweden (I think) had his Panoptix transducer at the transom and could watch fish (salmonids) swim up to his downrigger balls. I like this idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhTMf3m5Llw
Old 07-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Wallhanger

I have a https://fishingspecialties.com/ pole mount and it would very simple to move it to the rear or simply rotate it face the rear.
It may be desirable to have a Garmin display at the rear also. Maybe install a second mount and cabling so the front display could be moved a the rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 06:44 PM
Minnow

The place where I got my Helix setup also sell Garmin & he was saying that the Muski trolling guys fishing the St Lawrence river use that setup with rear-facing livescope so they can see the fish going towards the lure & if the Muski is not interested they change lure. Sounded interesting for downrigger fishing for lakers but he was saying something about a max depth of around 50ft. Besides the fact that it was out of my budget range