Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Warrior boats - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-06-2020, 01:34 PM
Keeper

Default thanks.

Great info Waxy - Once weather breaks I'll be taking a drive to test a Yarcraft 186 and will hopefully make arrangement to test Warrior along way. The info you and others have provided is valuable and much appreciated.

I'll be retiring in 10 - 12 months and I want to purchase my final boat . Thanks again to you and all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2020, 02:28 PM
Slot Fish

Warrior also has ride and drive events at various locations every year. If you call them they may be able to give you the dates and locations of any planned events for the year.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:57 PM
Keeper

Default Thanks

More great info. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Wallhanger

Mike, I had my 193 for 12 years. During that time it was on Lakes: Mil Lacs, Devils, Superior, Michigan, Oahe, Sakakawea, Green Bay, Chamberlain, Winnebago and countless smaller lakes and rivers. Never did I think it was under sized or over matched for any conditions. I really liked the layout and especially the raised baitwell and cooler in the bow. They served as side tables to your fishing chair. When I had to replace it I decided to go larger/longer only because I have a 18' tiller for anything besides big water. If I was to have only 1 boat I probably would have gone with another 193 because it fits the bill for all size waters and my needs for the ways I fish . The 198 will provide you with another option if you want jump seats but still stay in the 19' class. Enjoy your shopping !! ** I am 6'-3" 250 lbs. I like Waxy used to run with my feet crossed and up on the center step. I'm used to running that way and still do in my new boat. I would suggest suspension seats in any boat you buy....

Last edited by peter8; 02-06-2020 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:13 PM
Keeper

Default Much thanks

You guys are the greatest. Your experiences are invaluable. I’m enjoying my shopping so far and now have some specifics to consider. Thanks again.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:25 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
There will be quite a few similarities between the two brands, especially in terms of interior layout. I love the Warrior layout with the square transoms, wide open floor, large cockpit area, flat topped consoles, and full height windshields.

You're coming from a glass boat, so you've had a taste of how much better they ride and handle. I think you'll notice a big difference again going to Warrior in the overall ride quality, especially in rougher water, and a much drier ride. I agree with Hooli004, I don't think it gets any better. The Warriors will also track better when trolling or drifting due to the full length deep keel. To get that tracking and ride quality you'll give up a couple mph of top end speed in flat calm conditions, that's a tradeoff that's totally worth it in my opinion.

The other improvement you'll notice is the amount of storage. There is a ton of dry storage on the Warriors for all your gear and tackle, and you have the ability to quickly and easily store 25+ rods 7-8' long, and rods 10' or longer in the side rod shelves.

I haven't been lucky enough to get out in a 198 yet, but I will this summer. I think it's going to be a winner for sure, all the best features of the 208 at a substantially lower price point. I've owned a 193, 203, and 208. The 208 is the all around best of the three in my opinion, but it depends on your primary style of fishing, if you're mostly a troller, the 193/203 are definitely worthy options. I could go on and on, but I won't lol. If you've got any questions or just looking for a more detailed comparison of the models, ask away or fire me a PM, I'd be happy to share my experience.

Waxy
Waxy, did you get out in the 198? Thoughts compared to the 208? Also, have you been in a 238 yet? If so, what engine? Thoughts compared to the 208? I’m giving serious consideration to the 208 or 238. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

FN
Old 09-09-2021, 10:26 AM
Wallhanger

Anyone aware of a 238 on a showroom floor anywhere in WI or MN?
Mega 360, Mega Live
Ezee Steps
Cannon Rod Tubes, Traxstech tracks
TKI CNC angle track mounts
Lithium TM Bats w/shunt gauge
Old 09-09-2021, 11:26 AM
Minnow

Mine is awaiting rigging now at The Boat Center in Ramsey, MN
Old 09-13-2021, 10:49 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNorth View Post
Waxy, did you get out in the 198? Thoughts compared to the 208? Also, have you been in a 238 yet? If so, what engine? Thoughts compared to the 208? I’m giving serious consideration to the 208 or 238. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

FN
Sorry for the late reply, was at a tournament all last week.

I did get some seat time in a 198. It felt like home. The interior layout is the same as the 208, although there are a couple nice changes like the step/cup holders between the driver/passenger seat and the redesigned rear platform. Ride and handling are nearly identical to a 208. Being the bigger boat, the 208 has an advantage in the real rough stuff, but the 198 does feel lighter and more nimble. The 198 I was in had a Merc 225 Pro XS. Hole shot and midrange were excellent, and it ran 47-49 mph consistently. It’s giving up about 10 mph to a 208 with a 350 Verado, but it’s burning 1/2 the fuel and it’s more nimble. If absolute top speed isn’t your biggest thing, the ride, handling, comfort, and fishability of the 198 are really hard to beat.

I had a chance to get out in a 208 with the new Merc V8 Verado 300, and I was very impressed with it. That would likely be my next combo. Incredible holeshot and midrange, much lighter and sportier feeling to the handling, and of course, much better fuel economy than the L6 350, plus, you can fill it with regular gas instead of premium. You’re giving up 2-4 mph at wide open compared to the 350, but I think the trade offs are worth it.

I was hoping to get into a 238 at the Warrior Fest this year, but once again, I couldn’t get across the border. I don’t know of any that have come up to Canada, so it’ll likely be another year before I get a chance to ride in one. I can hardly wait though lol.

Waxy
Old 09-13-2021, 11:44 AM
Keeper

Waxy,

Thank you very much on the excellent info! I am in the process of ordering a 238 with the 400 Verado.

FN