Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Buying a used boat. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-23-2021, 10:24 AM
Keeper

Default Buying a used boat.

Hey guys I’m looking at switching boats this winter. Have some questions. I’m thinking the nitro zv and ranger angler will get hard looks. Any opinions on one over the other? Where’s a good place to find out what my current boat is worth? Any reason to buy a longer boat over a shorter one other than more room? Does length make any difference in the ride in rough water? Looking on fb and walleye central a lot of boats talk about nan miles. What exactly does that mean? Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2021, 12:17 PM
Wallhanger

nan miles is because Facebook's form has a mileage field, when you leave it blank it's a null value so it says nan.

Bigger is better for rough water and spanning waves. Ranger get the nod from me.

On current value, used boat prices are higher than giraffe balls, look for other simliar models and see what they are listed for, you can search the web and facebook.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:10 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Gonefishin View Post
nan miles is because Facebook's form has a mileage field, when you leave it blank it's a null value so it says nan.

Bigger is better for rough water and spanning waves. Ranger get the nod from me.

On current value, used boat prices are higher than giraffe balls, look for other simliar models and see what they are listed for, you can search the web and facebook.

Thank you for the info. Why are they so high? Just because there’s more people fishing due to COVID? Would I be better off waiting until winter of 2024 to buy a used boat?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2021, 08:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyetracker85 View Post
Thank you for the info. Why are they so high? Just because there’s more people fishing due to COVID? Would I be better off waiting until winter of 2024 to buy a used boat?

very likely... probably many lightly used boats will be on market and less demand...which very well might lead to more and better deals...
Old 06-23-2021, 08:11 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
very likely... probably many lightly used boats will be on market and less demand...which very well might lead to more and better deals...

That’s what I was afraid of. Problem is our current boat is a 04 and starting to have some smaller problems and afraid that is going to just continue. I fish some of the bigger reservoirs in South Dakota.

Old 06-24-2021, 03:15 PM
Thatguy

I would be a great time to sell your old boat. The used market is on fire and you will get top dollar. As mentioned its a horrible time to be lookinh for a boat. Or a truck, or a tractor, or an rv....
Old 06-24-2021, 04:29 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
I would be a great time to sell your old boat. The used market is on fire and you will get top dollar. As mentioned its a horrible time to be lookinh for a boat. Or a truck, or a tractor, or an rv....

I don’t really want to go next year without a boat though. I looked our current boat up on nada yesterday and was hoping it was worth more than they said.

Old 06-24-2021, 05:24 PM
Wallhanger

Whatever NADA says, add about $1500-2000 on due to Covid pricing. Your used boat will fetch top dollar right now but then the question is, are you willing to spend top dollar on another boat to replace it. The nice thing with nitro is they have nationwide pricing so what you build a boat for is the price minus taxes and registration. As far as your question about length, the longer the boat the better the ride. Especially in rough water.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:57 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
This is my plan.

OP, Sell your boat now and deal with it for a year or two. Sold my 20' Lund back in March and bought a little 14 footer for the time being. I'm banking I can get into a slightly used 23-25 footer in another year or 2.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:07 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
True words. I followed up on those “for sale” words to “Sold“: Boat, Truck, ATV, Bicycles, Golf Clubs. Cleaned out house. Neighbours thought I was going to sell my house. Still thinking 🤔......