Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rear Livewell issues on 05 Lund 1800 pro-V - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Wallhanger

Default Rear Livewell issues on 05 Lund 1800 pro-V

I have just begun to have an issue with my rear livewell. I used to be able to set my fill switch and turn on the pump manually. Now, it sometimes doesn't fill until I leave the pump on or keep trying for over an hour or so....It seems hit or miss. The pump runs, but no fill. My front livewell is fine....Just issues with the rear and just within the last month or so....

Is the pump going? Losing prime? I have a spare cartridge I could swap out....

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Wallhanger

Sounds like a priming issue. See if you have any dips in your hose from the intake to the pump that could create an air pocket.

Also try dumping a bucket or two of water down the drain while it's in the empty position. That's what I do on my Crestliner 192 to prime the pump. Or drive boat in reverse to force water into the intake hose.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
I have just begun to have an issue with my rear livewell. I used to be able to set my fill switch and turn on the pump manually. Now, it sometimes doesn't fill until I leave the pump on or keep trying for over an hour or so....It seems hit or miss. The pump runs, but no fill. My front livewell is fine....Just issues with the rear and just within the last month or so....

Is the pump going? Losing prime? I have a spare cartridge I could swap out....

Thoughts?

Sounds like you should ...replace...or...pop the guts out of ...the livewell pump for the rear livewell. Sounds like it has debris in it which is reducing the pump's efficiency and strength.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Wallhanger

Default Thanks

I will try looking at the hose. Funny thing is it worked fine for several months....I have tried backing up hard as a friend with a ranger does it all the time for his.....I have a spare cartridge for the Mayfair pump. I can swap it to see if it makes a difference or if there is debris in the pump.

Thanks again for the suggestions
Old 09-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Minnow

Try leaving the control knob in the empty position and turn on your livewell pump. It shouldn't take long for the water to clear the air in the line and start pumping water. When you hear the water start to flow, turn the knob to the fill position.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Minnow

I had a problem like that , bought a new pump, installed it and ripped the old one apart and found a weed in it. I didn't have a screen covering my intake but I do now.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks Guys...I will try it next week again and see what happens.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Keeper

Default Same Issue

I had the same problem with my front livewell on my 2003 1800 Pro-V. It ended up being debris in the line. I replace the pump cartridge and everything is great.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:46 AM
Virgil

Default Rear live well on a 05 lund pro v

Mine has been an issue with losing prime since I got the boat in 05. I tried different pumps to no avail. I usually crack the top of pump and then close back up and it's usually good for rest of day. It's a pain though, has anyone relocated the pump so it is closer to the height of the intake? Don't think I have tried running in empty position. I have flipped it back and forth (resecutale to fill) while running pump and it doesn't seem to do it. I am thinking of relocating pump but want to hear if someone also did this to correct problem.
Old 01-13-2022, 03:51 PM
Wallhanger

20 years on a 2002 Pro-V. 6 or 7 years on cartridges' Is about it on the pumps you use regularly. They don't get better with age. I would troubleshoot after replacement if its over 5. I also got the next size up both times. JMO Bob