Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
CBD oil - what do you think? - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2019, 11:00 AM
seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
I expect that if you could get enough cpd oil, you could use it to warm your home in the cold of northern winters.
This contributes what to the conversation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriously View Post
This contributes what to the conversation?
REW's post count
Old 10-16-2019, 11:47 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the 0.3% in the farm bill is the THC threshold between the plant being marijuana or hemp. The 0.1% is the THC threshold of oils or other CBD products being legal under schedule 5 according to federal regulations, regardless of which plant the CBD was extracted from.
Thanks, Custom. Trying to get a handle on this, potential for family member to try CBD, but is also a permit holder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwalleye1 View Post
Thanks, Custom. Trying to get a handle on this, potential for family member to try CBD, but is also a permit holder.
Lot of folks in the same situation, hemp user and permit holder. As has already been stated, Marijuana and Hemp are not the same. My son-in-law is 2nd in command at our local sheriff's dept. and has assured me their dept. is well versed in the law as they deal with this on a daily basis.

If you have questions regarding the legality, I'm sure your local law enforcement can best answer those questions.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwalleye1 View Post
Not trying to argue, but looks like there's a discrepancy. The farm bill talks about .3% or less, while the article you cite says .1 or less is legal as a schedule V.

This thing needs a clear statement from the DEA. Anybody see anything from them definitively? I see lots of CBD sites offering their interpretations, but that's somewhat self serving.
The 0.03% threshold strikes a chord. I previously mentioned my CBD supply is backed by 3rd party independent chemical analysis finding 0.00% THC. The label on my source says:” Less than .03% THC content”. Obviously that label statement establishes a legal threshold.

In a broader context, the remaining confusion about CBD is aggravated because of the lack of FDA analysis, conclusions, and regulation. How can law enforcement make a clear cut statement when FDA approvals don’t exist?

This contradiction hasn’t been missed by our lawmakers. Only several weeks ago, Sen McConnell attached the following language to some funding legislation:

“As previously mentioned, the Committee provides $2,000,000 for research, policy evaluation, market surveillance, issuance of an enforcement discretion policy, and appropriate regulatory activities with respect to products under the jurisdiction of the Food and Drug Administration which contain cannabidiol (CBD) and meet the definition of hemp, as set forth in section 297A of the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946 (7 U.S.C. 1639o). Within 90 days, FDA shall provide the Committee with a report regarding the Agency’s progress toward obtaining and analyzing data to help determine a policy of enforcement discretion, and the process in which CBD meeting the definition of hemp will be evaluated for use in products. Within 120 days, FDA shall issue a policy of enforcement discretion with regard to certain products containing CBD meeting the definition of hemp as defined by section 297A of the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1964 (7 U.S.C. 1639). Such enforcement discretion shall be in effect until FDA establishes a process for stakeholders to notify FDA for use of CBD in products that include safety studies for intended use per product, and makes a determination about such product. FDA is encouraged to consider existing and ongoing medical research related to CBD that is being undertaken pursuant to an Investigation New Drug (IND) application in the development of a regulatory pathway for CBD in products under the jurisdiction of FDA and to ensure that any future regulatory activity does not discourage the development of new drugs.”
Old 10-16-2019, 02:09 PM
Wallhanger

DW, that help a LOT. Thank you
Old 10-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Wallhanger

As far as I'm concerned the sooner this crud becomes fully legal the better. Then we can start importing it from China and stuff it on every Wal-Mart shelf across the country for pennies. That should quickly extinguish this hippy-driven, cure-all, snake-oil fad ASAP. Stock it right next to the copper-fit wrist bands and last remaining thigh-masters.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:56 PM
TheBigPapa

Default special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Bender View Post
As far as I'm concerned the sooner this crud becomes fully legal the better. Then we can start importing it from China and stuff it on every Wal-Mart shelf across the country for pennies. That should quickly extinguish this hippy-driven, cure-all, snake-oil fad ASAP. Stock it right next to the copper-fit wrist bands and last remaining thigh-masters.
That seems to be especially educated and knowledgeable information right there. Glad you could chime in. I happen to use CBD on a regular basis. Whether it really works, or is pshycosomatic, doesn't matter to me. IT WORKS!
Old 10-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Bender View Post
Snake oil??? I guess all these little kids and adults suffering from seizures that CBD slowed or cured, must have been faking them this whole time.

I think your idea would totally backfire. I have a family member that takes CBD for her Crohn's disease. She was paying $140 for a 1 month supply with a medical mj card. She couldn't always afford it, so she was off and on. Now that it's legal here and available almost anywhere for a fraction of the cost, she's using it consistently now and doing better than ever battling her disease. They can't even keep it in stock at the store in town now that it's available to the general public for a descent price.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:34 PM
Wallhanger

Well, you're welcome sir! The sooner all the "get rich quick" con artist sales people dropout of the industry the better. False claims and hype are driving this market and it's kind of sickening to watch. CBD has just enough question about it's legality to make it mildly scandalous. Cons are using that uproar to sell it. When it becomes as common as Vitamin C the fad will be over and the next sensation will be right around the corner - and believe me - that one will REALLY work wonders!