Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
First time muskie fishing lake st clair Help! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Keeper

Default First time muskie fishing lake st clair Help!

Looking for someone to give me the whole guide on muskie trolling. (or link to a great site)
I have all the gear and lures necessary. Spinners, body baits, planar boards, leaders etc...
Weve always been walleye and salmon fisherman and never really got into muskie fishing.

What set up would you run? How far back do you run the lures from the boat? what is the point of the inline weights when you have a crankbaits with a lip on it? We tried going once and got nothing but plenty of weeds on our lures. where would you troll. over weed beds? how deep of water. why do people put there rod tips in the water near the boat?
We'd be launching out of selfridge and wanting to fish around anchor bay. how far out do you troll.

I know this is a very broad topic but definitely new to the muskie ring.
Thanks for any input!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Keeper

ive only fish the lake over the 4th this year for the first time we caught 6 fish 5 casting one trolling cought the one 37" trolling the east side of grass island cought it on a black depth raider 15 feet be hind the boat on a short line the reason people put the rod tip in the watter is so your line dont pick up as much weeds im more of a caster but i troll every once and awile hope this helps
Old 07-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Keeper

you might want to look at musky first i put some fishing spots there people are asking me to remove them so i might have to when i get back home after the weekend

Tags
fishing , lake st clair , muskie , trolling