Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger Reata 1850 LS electronics set up - check it out - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 01-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-V for me View Post
I have been looking at installing this on my 1880 Angler. When I installed this on my LUND I remember there being direction to make sure the antenna was installed 3' from the motor. I was at the boat show this weekend and saw the same boat (1880 Angler) with with a Humminbird antenna in the splashwell (Shown in the attached photo). Wondering if this is similar to your install location and if you have noticed any issues with interference. Appreciate the time. take care.
My Lowrance Point-1 is right where your pic shows and it works great with no interference from my Merc 150 Fourstroke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2016, 11:59 PM
Keeper

I wanted 2 1199's and got them mounted without being on top of each-other and obstructing my view. I am very happy with the set-up. The guy even pre-drilled holes for the gauges which would need to be re-located. I love my Reata even more now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2001.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	473.8 KB
ID:	188577   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2032.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	474.3 KB
ID:	188585  
Old 01-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Minnow

Thanks all for your feedback. Took some time to get the antenna mounted with some double stick tape in the location forward the motor in the splash-well to do some test runs and verify signal and lack of interference. Will report back in the spring on the performance. Thanks again.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:26 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-V for me View Post
I have been looking at installing this on my 1880 Angler. When I installed this on my LUND I remember there being direction to make sure the antenna was installed 3' from the motor. I was at the boat show this weekend and saw the same boat (1880 Angler) with with a Humminbird antenna in the splashwell (Shown in the attached photo). Wondering if this is similar to your install location and if you have noticed any issues with interference. Appreciate the time. take care.
I have the puck in the same spot on my boat (reata) and it works just fine. Overall a good location in my opinion, can not get stepped on and is out of the way for everything.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:05 PM
Minnow

Default Cost

Kayser66

Very nicely done! I have a new 2014 Reata that I just picked up and I am beginning to setup.

Can you tell me approximate cost of the dash panels? I got on the preceionssonar website and I couldn't find this information.

Are panels constructed of plastic, aluminum, or stainless steel?

Thanks again for sharing this great idea to the group!
Old 01-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Wallhanger

Here's what I did on my '07

Lou
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	390.8 KB
ID:	189914  
Old 01-24-2016, 07:59 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucky20 View Post
Kayser66

Very nicely done! I have a new 2014 Reata that I just picked up and I am beginning to setup.

Can you tell me approximate cost of the dash panels? I got on the preceionssonar website and I couldn't find this information.

Are panels constructed of plastic, aluminum, or stainless steel?

Thanks again for sharing this great idea to the group!
The company I used is called Bass Boat Technologies. The unit is very solid and looks good. It is composed of some type of composite and metal. If you are interested, call them at 706-217-5124. They do mostly bass boats so this was a prototype which he modified for the Reata as well as for the 2 GPS units. I believe the unit was $345 and I paid $ 134 for freight. They have a website and I believe he modified his C TYPE model in order to accommodate my dual units. All I can say is that, my field of vision is not obstructed in the least and they are at perfect viewing angles. Quality work. If you need any other info you can PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Wallhanger

Kayser, PM sent

Tags
1850 , ranger , reata