Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2015 Alumacraft Voyageur - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-24-2015, 08:17 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks a lot. I'll pick one up. How are liking your voyageur so far?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2015, 03:01 PM
Keeper

It has been really nice so far. First windshield boat after 1/2 dozen tillers and never going back!
Old 06-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Slot Fish

Ok, so with just me in the boat, all my gear, and a quarter tank of gas, I hit 6200 rpm trimmed up and 43mph on GPS. That is plenty fast for me. The boat gets on plane almost immediately. With 2 other people in the boat, hit 5900 RPM and 40 mph GPS. That was with a full tank of gas.

As for the boat, I am very impressed with it. It fishes awesome. Very solid and a lot of room fishing on the front and rear deck. I have the rear deck extension/bench seat and would have it no other way. Only small issue is that I upgraded the drivers seat to a captains chair and with the passenger seat being right next to it, it makes it a little tight going in between the 2 chairs. Livewell is plenty big and the aerator works like a charm, keeps minnows alive and fish alive as well. The built in cooler up front also works very well. I put 2 frozen half gallons of water in the cooler and all my drinks stayed ice cold. Kept everything cold all day. Ice was still frozen the next day. So the cooler is insulated good. I thought I was going to have to add water to the cooler to keep the drinks cold, but that was not needed at all. Vinyl floor in the cockpit gets a little slippery when it is wet, but not too much of a concern. The vinyl floor also stays pretty cool when the sun has been beating on it all day, that kind of surprised me.

All in all, I am very pleased with the boat and cant wait to get back in her and slay some more fish. The boat is very stable, even with 3 people fishing on the same side of the boat. The Terrova 80lb is soooooooo nice. I used it everyday, 3 days and still have 3 quarters battery power left. If you are looking for a new boat and like the layout of the Voyageur, don't hesitate to buy one. If anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Keeper

Did you change props or just trim up with the aluminum 19?
Old 06-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Wallhanger

That's good feedback.

If those results are with the 19, then I think you need to figure out what your "normal" load will be. If it's light, then you'll probably be good with the 19.

If, on the other hand, you run heavier loads allot, you might still want to consider a 17 as your main prop as you still have 400 RPM's to play with and you want to be running near max RPM's at WOT. I also suspect that a 17 with heavier loads will give you a noticeable boost in performance.

You could also just have two props and swap them out depending on what you are running for loads, etc. Sounds like a sweet rig!!!!
Old 06-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Slot Fish

That is with the stock 19 pitch aluminum prop
Old 09-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Slot Fish

How do you like the captains chair? I was thinking about getting one or two if I ordered the new Alumacraft Edge.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:15 AM
Slot Fish

Sorry for the late reply, but the captains chair is amazing, super comfortable. I believe they have to be permanently mounted though, so you won't be able to move them. It's awesome for the driver seat though

Tags
alumacraft , alumacraft voyageur , yamaha , yamaha 115