Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 2050 Reata vs Nitro 290 Sport - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Minnow

Question Ranger 2050 Reata vs Nitro 290 Sport

Currently own a 2003 Lund Pro-V 1800 with a Suzuki DF140 and a DF15 kicker. Love the boat - fishes great, BUT... As the kids get older I need a boat that pulls double duty - primarily fishing, but must be more family friendly for ski and tubing.

Preferred boat is a Ranger 2050 Reata, but is it worth over $10K more than the Nitro 290 Sport?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Apples To Apples

Default A Simple Comparrision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced_Walleye_Man View Post
Currently own a 2003 Lund Pro-V 1800 with a Suzuki DF140 and a DF15 kicker. Love the boat - fishes great, BUT... As the kids get older I need a boat that pulls double duty - primarily fishing, but must be more family friendly for ski and tubing.

Preferred boat is a Ranger 2050 Reata, but is it worth over $10K more than the Nitro 290 Sport?
If you base your decision on the best quality, construction, workmanship, fit and finish, features, appearance and resale I would say the Ranger Reatta 2090 would be worth at least $20,000.00 more! In the end you get what you pay for...
Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced_Walleye_Man View Post

It depends. Is 10k worth having nicer apholstery, dash, etc.....? Ranger is a higher quality boat across the board and will probably be in better shape 4-5 years down the line but 10k goes a long way towards other things when you have a family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Keeper

just try to sell the tracker after 5 years and I bet u will lose alot more than 10k. Just look at what guys r getting for 5 year old rangers. They hold there value very well. Maybe if price is a factor look at some 1-3 year old used rangers. I know juls has her 2050 for sale. U can save alot buyn a pros boat.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Keeper

I looked at a lot of the new glass boats from late fall through spring of this year, including Ranger. I know the Ranger guys love their Rangers and they are really nice boats. I bought a Skeeter and I absolutely love my Skeeter. Talk to the guys that own Tuffy, YarCraft and others and you will hear the same thing. Personally, I liked the layout and features of my boat better than all the rest, but I don't maintain that I have the best boat out there - but I do have the best boat for me. Do some shopping, talk to a lot of different owners of a lot of different boats and over time you'll start seeing things/features that you like or don't like from different manufacturers and different models. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Wallhanger

K Dawg hit it pretty much right on the head...
Old 07-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala Paul View Post
just try to sell the tracker after 5 years and I bet u will lose alot more than 10k. Just look at what guys r getting for 5 year old rangers. They hold there value very well. Maybe if price is a factor look at some 1-3 year old used rangers. I know juls has her 2050 for sale. U can save alot buyn a pros boat.

I dont buy this for a minute. If you buy a new Ranger and spend 45,000 on it you'll be lucky to get 30,000 for it 5 years from now. You buy the Nitro for 35,000 and you would easily be able to sell it for 20,000-25,000. A big factor in the value of a used boat is the motor that sits on the back of it and an Optimax holds the same value whether it sits on the back of a Ranger or a Nitro. Also if your financing the purchase the extra 10-15 grand that your spending on a Ranger costs you 11,500 - 17,500 becasue of interest.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Keeper

well I had a tracker and had to pretty much give it away. I had a lund and sold it after 4 years and did very well. I watch my buddies sell there rangers every year for a good price. Almost every person I know that has owned a tracker has had a really hard time selling them. They have a really bad rap when it comes to customer service really bad. Ur never going to get what you pay for a boat when selling it. I know alot of guys that sell there rangers in less than a week of putting it for sale and I know guys that been tryn to sell there trackers for years
Old 07-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Keeper

I agree that K Dawg hit it on the head as well. I am a Ranger owner and I will recommend Ranger to anyone....but I am not going to say that it is the only boat out there and that Nitro is a bad boat. What it boils down to is that every boat has its place on the market. Sure...some are marketed wrong with too high price for what they offer. I do think that Ranger is the gold standard for total value (price vs. features/service/quality etc)....but you need to figure out the boat that YOU like and that includes price too. What is most important is that you and your family are on the water and enjoying yourselves...
Old 07-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Wallhanger

"You buy the Nitro for 35,000 and you would easily be able to sell it for 20,000-25,000"
Closed Thread

Tags
2050 , nitro , price , ranger , reata