Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Warranty - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Minnow

Default Lund Warranty

What year did the lifetime warranty (transferable) by Lund start? Looking to buy a 2007 Pro V and wondering if it has the lifetime warranty on rivet seams, plywood panels, hull, etc.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Wallhanger

Default TMacCannot Login

The lifetime doesn't transfer. Lifetime applies to original owner, only.
The 10 year pro-rated portion is what transfers.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:06 PM
BUYERBEWARE

Yes 10 year pro rated and keep in mind when you have to pay around $300 to transfer the transferable pro rated warranty to your name as well. The 10 year pro rated means should something go wrong at this time with that boat you are paying 80% or 90% and Lund will top it off to 100% As far as I'm concerned Lund is a joke with their warranties........besides with boats costing upwards of $60K now i wouldn't want to be Lund and get stuck fixing my expensive garbage either! Was a Lund supporter for years until their Verado Boat combos ended up leaving me high and dry figuratively and literally with absolutely no recourse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYERBEWARE View Post
Yes 10 year pro rated and keep in mind when you have to pay around $300 to transfer the transferable pro rated warranty to your name as well. The 10 year pro rated means should something go wrong at this time with that boat you are paying 80% or 90% and Lund will top it off to 100% As far as I'm concerned Lund is a joke with their warranties........besides with boats costing upwards of $60K now i wouldn't want to be Lund and get stuck fixing my expensive garbage either! Was a Lund supporter for years until their Verado Boat combos ended up leaving me high and dry figuratively and literally with absolutely no recourse!
Educate us on what specifically happened to you.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYERBEWARE View Post

There is no Transfer Fee amount stated by LUND in their warranty statement and procedures.
The fees are not uniform... and vary from dealer to dealer.
Many buyers negotiate with the seller "OK, I'll buy it --- if you pay for the warranty transfer.".

Of course, you can decline to participate in a transfer, if you feel it is not worth it.

"BUYERBEWARE"... You mention Verados....Did you have trouble the Verado?

Last edited by T Mac; 06-18-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:19 PM
BUYERBEWARE

To make a long story short I get caught out in nasty weather and seem to be taking on more water than normal to find out boat is water logged and no auto bilge had kicked in. Trying to get back to dock in weather and my motor quits running, almost like it ran out of fuel, but restarts and once up and running just spits and sputters only to stall again. From research I have done found out FMS problems (Fuel float sticking) have been known to plaque the 175 V-Rod. Well at least it would restart until it finally sounded like a bomb went off and no more motor.... Later found out water had gotten into the motor through the exhaust port and something to do with the turbo charger caused a cylinder to explode. Told it was from me just "stopping the boat and allowing water to slosh against the motor/exhaust port" (which I don't nor have ever done with any motor I own) but when I asked Mercury could it have been caused from the boat coming to an abrupt stop in nasty weather and water hammering the back i was told no it was operator error (Even with known and documented FMS problems)??????? Anyway boat gets washed to shore, I get helped out and find rivots popped in the hull which would attribute excess water and no auto bilge didn't help either . All warranty is declined because as I listed above, got washed on shore so banging onto shore may have caused this????? Unreal to say the least and please before someone comes back with some hateful or ignorant reply I am only sharing my experience as it pertains to my situation and remember it cost me a lot financially! Thanks Lund/Mercury and Brunswick because as a whole you should all be ashamed!
Old 06-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Wallhanger

Sounds like a bad deal for you, sorry to hear that. I could see it both ways from there standpoint its hard to say if the problems were self inflicted or not. I would think that you insurance would help.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:25 PM
BUYERBEWARE

T-Mac 100% wrong!!!!! You can call Lund directly about the transfer of warranty fee and I was told directly from Lund Customer Service Rep at head office (won't mention the name as they still work there) that the fee is for the transfer service and yes it is collected through the dealer but directive is from Lund! PS Lund doesn't charge anywhere close to $300 but only dealers can pay this "fee" to Lund directly and they are open to charge whatever they feel is reasonable. Again what a Joke!
Old 06-17-2016, 02:30 PM
BUYERBEWARE

Scott C
I wish insurance would have helped but since it was "operator error" was not an accident so no insurance and since the rivots may have popped from wave damage again...operator error so no insurance "I should have driven appropriately given the conditions." Never would have I ever beleived this could happen until it did. OH and no I have never made an insurance claim on anything but thats another source of robbery for another time!
Old 06-17-2016, 05:17 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks for the update...,
I do have a few explanations and a couple questions:

On the transferable warranty--

1) If the dealers didn't handle the transfers, it couldn't happen.
2) You can't expect them to do it for free. Heck, sometimes the request is about a boat they have never seen before. Lund doesn't expect them to do it for free, either.
3) I am a retired Lund dealer.
4) I have done Lund warranty transfers.
5) Warranty transfers are not a profit center for the dealer, nor Lund. It is a service offered.

I am absolutely not trying to be smart here...but....
Man...I'd file an insurance claim. What do you have to lose?

Yes big heavy boats full of water will start coming apart when hammering on the shoreline in high surf. There are many examples around the great Lakes and along the US coasts. None of those boats had warranty coverage for their damage either.. Hopefully, they had insurance.

I sincerely hope this gets turned around for you.

Last edited by T Mac; 06-18-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Tags
lund , warranty