Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Question comparing specs of Ranger 621FS and Lund 219 ProV Gl - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Minnow

Default Question comparing specs of Ranger 621FS and Lund 219 ProV Gl

I've been comparing the 621 FS and Pro V 219 GL. On the spec sheets the Ranger is listed at 2295 lbs and the Lund is listed at 3000 lbs. I realize the Lund is an inch longer and two inches wider but this seems like a significant weight difference to me. Does anyone know why? Is Lund using thicker Fiberglass?

Also, if anyone has an opinion on which of these boats would be best for me I would be glad to hear it. I fish Lake Erie in the spring and Lake Oahe all summer so I deal with plenty of wind and waves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Minnow

I'm deciding between these 2 boats myself right now. I'm interested to hear what people's thoughts are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2016, 10:02 PM
Wallhanger

The Lund is wider in the chines and the bow is deeper. Simply more material involved.
You'll notice the size difference when you see these two boats sitting close to each other..especially when on trailers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2016, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Stahl1

The Ranger boat is a single console and They might be weighing the boat with nothing in it. I would say the boat is closer to 2700 lbs. You might want to call Ranger to find out
Old 07-26-2016, 08:57 AM
Wallhanger

I can't tell you what is best for you but the 620FS was the best for me. I looked hard at the Lund line up but felt the Ranger FS was the better boat. I think it is hard to quantify it without sounding like a salesman so the best advise is to go with your gut on this one. Make a decision after you sit in both, visit with the dealers (how comfortable you are with a dealer is huge), and compare prices. Both are quality. Purchase the one that makes you happy and don't look back.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Wallhanger

I am sure you are looking for some performance info so I can tell you about my 620. The 250 Verado Pro moves the boat 60 mph consistently. I once hit 62 mph but don't expect it without perfect conditions. Cruising speed is about 45 mph and the gas usage at that speed is about 3 mpg. This is about the most efficient I have found. It will cruise at 50 mph while using around 2.5 mpg. I have had it out is some rough stuff and never took one over the bow. Cuts through the waves very well so the ride is considerably smooth. Tracks very well while trolling with the ulterra 112. I have fished 3 in it very easily and felt 4 would have been no problem as well. Gets on plane in about 3 seconds.

Tags
219 , 621 , lund , ranger