Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Heading to Ontario this summer, any lake suggestions? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-22-2018, 07:55 PM
Keeper

If you are interested in Cedar Point Resort on Cedar lake let me know your dates and i can see what is available. As others said it’s a great lake with all the species you are looking for, drive in, and the camp is located in the perfect spot to fish both arms of the lake. Heading up there in a couple of weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2018, 04:22 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the suggestions guys, believe I'll be going to Minaki area in July. Read some horror stores on Cedar and other lakes around it being packed, that's pretty much deal killer in my book.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Wallhanger

Good luck in minaki.one thing you have to realize is it's busy everywhere.it will be very busy in minaki to just for your information.if it's drive in area=busy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2018, 08:18 PM
Minnow

Fished Lac Suel past 6 out of 7 past years. Can't speak of Musky, but walleye galore...big hogs. Lots of smallies and plenty of Northerns, plus pan fish, etc.

Have had a lot of fun on Lac Suel. Plenty of drive-in resorts.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:10 AM
Keeper

Default Cedar and other options

I've fished every lake in that area except the Goon. Cedar seems to be struggling in recent years. Cedar Point Resort is the best for location on Cedar. We caught a ton of 25-30 inch walleyes 2 minutes from there. And it is easy to head back and eat lunch in the cabin. Ray and Kathi are great. Caught muskies up to 54" too.

Stayed at Clark's too. Another great place to stay with friendly staff. Free bait too. But it is a long ride if you want to hit the east side of Cedar. Honestly, the fishing sucked on Cedar in 2016. Went back to Sioux Lookout area.

The CROWN JEWEL is Lac Seul. Big everything in that lake. Minnitaki and Abram are great lakes too. Minnitaki consistently produces the biggest pike of any lake I have fished up there. Big numbers of walleye and some big ones too. One single spot a few years back gave up a 46" pike, a 29" walleye, and a 21" smallie. Now that is cool.

Big Vermillion is also a great lake. No walleye, but I have never been shut out musky fishing that lake. Tons of smallies too.

Eagle has big everything too. It is a big lake with a lot of unmarked hazards. Be careful.

It depends if you have your own boat. We tend to hit all of the lakes around Sioux Lookout.

I probably just made your decision more difficult!
Old 05-31-2018, 06:37 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockape View Post
I've fished every lake in that area except the Goon. Cedar seems to be struggling in recent years. Cedar Point Resort is the best for location on Cedar. We caught a ton of 25-30 inch walleyes 2 minutes from there. And it is easy to head back and eat lunch in the cabin. Ray and Kathi are great. Caught muskies up to 54" too.

Stayed at Clark's too. Another great place to stay with friendly staff. Free bait too. But it is a long ride if you want to hit the east side of Cedar. Honestly, the fishing sucked on Cedar in 2016. Went back to Sioux Lookout area.

The CROWN JEWEL is Lac Seul. Big everything in that lake. Minnitaki and Abram are great lakes too. Minnitaki consistently produces the biggest pike of any lake I have fished up there. Big numbers of walleye and some big ones too. One single spot a few years back gave up a 46" pike, a 29" walleye, and a 21" smallie. Now that is cool.

Big Vermillion is also a great lake. No walleye, but I have never been shut out musky fishing that lake. Tons of smallies too.

Eagle has big everything too. It is a big lake with a lot of unmarked hazards. Be careful.

It depends if you have your own boat. We tend to hit all of the lakes around Sioux Lookout.

I probably just made your decision more difficult!

Lol you have in fact made my decision more difficult. I will be bringing my Lund Alaskan. I think I'm looking for more of a numbers lake, not necessarily size, as I'm a noobie.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Minnow

What you guys think about the south central portion of Lac Seul ( Around the Mahkwa Lodge ), would I have to go far to get to the fishing spots (walleye/pike)? Read a lot about the chamberlain narrows, but I don't think I'd have to balls to try and get up there. Also was looking at NW Lac Seul, but that area of the lake seems wide open, guessing it gets a lot rougher out there. How does the fishing compare up in NW side compared to the East side, I know there aren't many musky on the NW side, but how do the pike and walleye fishing compare? At this point the number 1 fish I'm looking to get into is pike, followed by walleye, then musky.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:12 PM
Minnow

Just returned from Ear falls area, northeast. Stayed at Timberlane Lodge. First time fishing on Lac Seul, and it was incredible. Had 3 days last week with over 100 fish in the boat. Probably over 20 over 25". Plenty of pike, smallies, and alot or 10-11" perch. Fished away from other boats, wind blown points in 4-6' of water. Never will fish anywhere else again
Old 06-04-2018, 07:11 AM
Wallhanger

To go all that way and NOT fish Lac Seul would be like doing a cross country drive to see the Grand Canyon and stopping at the gift center 3 miles short, looking around a bit, and then turning around and heading for home.....
Old 06-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundPuller View Post
What you guys think about the south central portion of Lac Seul ( Around the Mahkwa Lodge ), would I have to go far to get to the fishing spots (walleye/pike)? Read a lot about the chamberlain narrows, but I don't think I'd have to balls to try and get up there. Also was looking at NW Lac Seul, but that area of the lake seems wide open, guessing it gets a lot rougher out there. How does the fishing compare up in NW side compared to the East side, I know there aren't many musky on the NW side, but how do the pike and walleye fishing compare? At this point the number 1 fish I'm looking to get into is pike, followed by walleye, then musky.
Minnitaki is your ticket then. Huge numbers of walleye and plenty of big pike everywhere.

Tags
canada , fishing , lund