Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Early Season Fort Peck - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 04-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Minnow

Default Early Season Fort Peck

I am planning a trip to fish the Dry Arm of Ft Peck. I am thinking 4/26-4/28 or 5/10-5/12. I know the State does the walleye spawn around that time. Does anyone have any experience fishing around there during that time? Wondering if it would be worth it when the state has their nets in the water.

I am targeting walleye, smallmouth, and pike in that order. I know there will be a lot of activity there that time of the year, but I figure it would probably be worth the drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2019, 09:47 PM
Keeper

I haven't been up there in April yet but I've been in May 5 times and the smallmouth are usually active. Pike are often in the shallow bays and the walleye are hit or miss. Could pick up a Laker if you fish in the north end of the arm.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:53 PM
Minnow

Bigfins have you fished the west end of the lake early season? I was only thinking about the Dry Arm for close access from pavement and FWP spawn. I would not be opposed to hitting up Crooked Creek.

I am getting pretty restless here in Helena watching the Walleye Unlimited Cams of Peck. Been catching a few trout on Hauser.

Self Sponsored Angler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2019, 11:25 PM
Keeper

I've heard guys that know the reservoir pretty well say that the ends turn on first and the middle catches up a little later. I was at Crooked Creek in May of 2012 and did pretty good on Crappy, walleye, perch, catfish, drum and one sauger. No bass, and hard to believe no pike that trip. You usually need to motor east several miles to get into better water.
I'd say if you want Bass and Pike go east to the dry arm, if you desire walleye go west to Crooked Creek. I'm going to miss Fort Peck in May this year as I'm going to Noxon over on the west end of the state for the first time. I'll be at **** Creek in June for a week though

Tags
ft peck , montana , peck