Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rude encounter on Eagle Lake - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 08-27-2019, 09:33 PM
unlogged billybob

Default Rude encounter on Eagle Lake

Was on Eagle last week with my 17 year old daughter. Having a good time, enjoying each others company and enjoying a week of fishing muskies and walleyes. We are fishing around our marker buoy by Strawberry Island
around 3:30 pm when a incredibly ignorant guide in a big Tuffy with a big Evinrude motor and 4 passengers
comes within 50 feet of our boat and then starts fishing. I look at my daughter and just say that is what you don't
do when you go fishing! I would have told the guide to go pound sand if my kid is not in the boat but I bit my tongue and just let it go. I gotta think they were from a close by resort given the time of day but I cannot believe
that with 68000 acres of lake this moron couldn't find another place to fish. His clients should have asked for a refund because they were catching 10 inch walleyes. I just hate when ignorance replaces common courtesy.
I'm sure his customers were not too pleased either! I'm gonna have to get a water balloon launcher to fight back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 04:10 AM
Wallhanger

Sounds like one of the Herbeck boats.from AML. That's pretty sad.Sorry to hear that,gives the rest of us a bad name.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=unlogged billybob;6353686]I'm gonna have to get a water balloon launcher to fight back![/QUOTE]

Find a better way....launching plastic into the pristine waters of Canada is a very bad idea, and falls under that "ignorant" category too.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 05:16 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Juls;6353716]Find a better way....launching plastic into the pristine waters of Canada is a very bad idea, and falls under that "ignorant" category too.[/QUOTE]
Jules is correct in my opinion.

A good strategy may have been to take pictures and ask the guide what lodge he guides from.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:57 AM
Charter Member

Default It happens everyday on Lac Seul

Worst offenders are the Anderson's Guide boats fishing on Lac Seul. Pine Point and surrounding area seems to be their personal area. Then again private boats do the same thing.

It's just another example of the de-civilization of society in general.

If someone pulls in close to my boat I just leave as there are thousands of undiscovered sweet spots on Lac Seul. Besides that, most all of our larger fish are caught soon after we stop to fish a spot. As soon as fish size goes down I usually move. So most of the time I'm about ready to move on anyway. They can have "this spot". This same thing applies to most all large bodies of water.

Most folks do not know how to hunt fish and only fish "public" spots and never explore new water.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."

Last edited by Pooch; 08-28-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:01 AM
Wallhanger

Default check this thread out

For another story of a rude encounter on Eagle Lake, check out the thread I started a few years back called "This actually happened" I feel your pain, brother!

Fish On!

Hooks
Old 08-28-2019, 09:54 AM
Minnow

A couple muskie lures launched towards their boat usually sends the message.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:13 PM
Minnow

It’s how is Canadians feel. When there are 30 American boats on our lake.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:17 PM
Minnow

[QUOTE=Pooch;6353748]Worst offenders are the Anderson's Guide boats fishing on Lac Seul. Pine Point and surrounding area seems to be their personal area. Then again private boats do the same thing.

It's just another example of the de-civilization of society in general.

If someone pulls in close to my boat I just leave as there are thousands of undiscovered sweet spots on Lac Seul. Besides that, most all of our larger fish are caught soon after we stop to fish a spot. As soon as fish size goes down I usually move. So most of the time I'm about ready to move on anyway. They can have "this spot". This same thing applies to most all large bodies of water.

Most folks do not know how to hunt fish and only fish "public" spots and never explore new water.

Pooch[/QUOTE]

I’m a Canadian. I will gladly pull up to any American registered boat. It’s our lake we own the resources. You guys are our welcomed guests. But it’s now “your” spot.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Keeper

I can totally relate to this. Last week on Pipestone Lake a lodge boat from Cedar Island Lodge came tearing around a reef wide open and missed us by 25 yards or so. This was also a close quarters area already so there was not much room at all. Then later in the week he buzzed a couple more boats in our camp. Not sure what he was doing but not only is it well beyond proper boating etiquette....it was just flat out dangerous.