Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anyone with a Lund 2075 & 2 cranking batteries? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 06-13-2019, 05:11 PM
Wallhanger

Default Anyone with a Lund 2075 & 2 cranking batteries?

I have a '19 Lund 2075 being delivered in a few weeks. (that's pretty awesome inside my mind)

But

I ordered it with the flip up aft seats & Mercury power steering. I have Merc's power steering on my current boat and lose a compartment. Mine is a 2005 2025, and it has room for 2 cranking AGMs.

This is the crazy question: Does anyone have the same boat with flip up seats? Is there enough room for a 2nd cranking battery? I've been able to drain 1 battery plenty of times so far and like to have that comfort level of knowing there's always battery #2 with a battery switch flip which is why I ask. (I'm not even sure if the flip up seats is relevant or not with that boat).

Thanks!!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:22 PM
Wallhanger

Why not just carry a portable lithium charger to start your boat in the extreme case the starting battery dies? Or a set of jumper cables to connect to the trolling motor battery bank.
Those small portable units only weigh a couple of pounds and are not much bigger than a book.

Just tossing out some other ideas.

2015 Alumacraft T-195
Yamaha 200
Ulterra w/Ilink 112
Helix 10SI w/GPS

2019 Lowe 1852 Aura
Old 06-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Wallhanger

I have the flip up seats in my 1775 Impact and I installed a group 29 house battery next to my starting battery. The starting battery is just that nothing else hooked up to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2019, 07:26 AM
Wallhanger

I have an 1875 with PS, the second battery on the isolator fits into the same storage compartment as the PS pump, no issues.

I run my two graphs and livewells off the second battery.
MinnKota Terrova 80/60/24 ipilot
Old 06-15-2019, 01:17 PM
Minnow

The in-floor battery compartment will hold two 31 series batteries. Most use one for starting and the other for a house battery.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:31 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by D WEST View Post
The in-floor battery compartment will hold two 31 series batteries. Most use one for starting and the other for a house battery.
Thanks! That's awesome. I'm slated to take delivery in about 2 or 3 weeks I'm told.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:17 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbns View Post
I have an 1875 with PS, the second battery on the isolator fits into the same storage compartment as the PS pump, no issues.

I run my two graphs and livewells off the second battery.

Thank you!! That's pretty reassuring.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Wallhanger

This is the layout... I think I had to satisfy my inner geek DNA of "what happens when this fails?"...

- the big motor gets wired to 1 battery switch
- the kicker gets wired to a 2nd battery switch

The combo lets me charge either battery from either motor, and keep each motor fully isolated from each other.

- All accessories & electronics get wired to a 3rd battery switch. This lets me draw from either battery. It's been handy in the old boat to draw from 2 battery and let the other recharge on the water on long days

On top of that, I'm using bus bars (1 hot, 1 ground) and having 1 installed in the bow, and 1 aft pair. All I should have is 3 battery cables per terminal on both cranking batteries and no misery of tiny wires being ran to a battery directly.

Am I a knucklehead, or what?

(but the entire wiring logic is why I asked about dual batteries in the new boats)

...now, time to get a line wet!
Old 06-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Charter Member

Yes
Old 06-27-2019, 04:51 PM
Charter Member

In a word, install two group 31 matched batteries in your boat. Put a pair of jumper wires between the terminals to double the capacity of the batteries and keep the 12 volts. Use one set of on board charging wires to the pair of batteries and you will be set to go.

Be safe