Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Self centering keel rollers on a roller trailer. - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 06-07-2019, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

FF,
Then, just purchase a 12 inch bracket with holes in it.

Put it where you need it to be mounted. Drill holes through the bracket for the u bolts and bolt it in place.

Cut off any of the bracket that is still below the U bolts. Make sure that you put a couple of big washers under the nuts to spread the force over the face of the bracket.

Best wishes.

p.s.
If you lived close I could certainly help you with the setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks for the offer. I have some really super heavy duty angle iron. I can fabricate my own bracket, but it will be a pain in the rear doing, I think.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Wallhanger

Took a chance and ordered a roller, rod and 2 pc bracket. If it does not fit I will have to make my own bracket. Wish me luck.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 AM
Wallhanger

Stuff came yesterday. Brackets won't work, not enough clearance between the crossmember and the boat. I will have to make my own brackets.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:55 PM
Charter Member

FF,
Can't you lower the new brackets and drill holes in the brackets where they need to be to mount the bracket?

Or, is the entire shape of the brackets not compatible with the trailer and boat setup?

Be safe
Old 06-12-2019, 12:14 AM
Charter Member

FF,
Can a pair of brackets like these work for you and your trailer setup?

https://www.amazon.com/Die-matic-Rol.../dp/B01EJXUA30

If not, where in the bracket is the problem so that it will not work for your boat?

p.s.
There is nothing wrong with drilling holes through your trailer cross member. I have had holes drilled through the cross member on my trailer since it was purchased - years in the past with no issue on the cross bars.

Just wondering.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Wallhanger

Those 2 brackets are the ones I ordered. The problem is my boat sits so close to the crossmember that the top hole of the bracket is directly in the middle of the the cross member. So even if I were to drill a hole in the member the top hole of the u bolt would be the only thing holding it on. The bottom of the bracket would be way down, and it would need to be cut off. Then there would be nothing to attach to. What I did is buy a picece of 2"x2" stock. I was working on it today and think it will work out ok. Taking a bit of jury-rigging, but should work. I have one side figured out with mounting holes, now I just have shape them with a grinder and round off the edges. Unfortunately my next bunch of days are pretty full, so I probably not get much of a chance to work on them. Thanks for the help. When I get done, I will try to post a pic of how it came out.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

FF
Thanks for the update.