Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Updating a Ulterra - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 06-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Wallhanger

Default Updating a Ulterra

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a update / new board for the first generation (2016) of Ulterra. I have one on my tiller and just installed a new one (2019) on my 219. The difference in spot lock is night and day as the first Gen may put me within 15-20 Ft. and the new one is pretty much right on.. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Keeper

I also have the 2016 Ulterra G1. I talked to Minn Kota yesterday (June 10th) and the long and the short of it is I ordered the GPS Spot Lock upgrade kit. Comes with a new board of some sort that goes in the head unit of the TM, also comes with a new remote and heading sensor. He quoted me $500+ for a non-link version. Of course I just had to have the I-Pilot Link version. That came to $877.44 with tax and shipping.
He said I should have it this Fri or Mon? He also said I can track the order at: www.motors.johnsonoutdoors.com At this time it does not show the order being processed, but the $877 has hit my CC already. He said they were in stock also, and that the Ulterra model is the only one that can be upgraded with the new kit.
Glad to hear the new version is much better, 'cause my existing set up is one PITA, currently estimated at about a 20' circle for accuracy.
Hope this might help, Gregory
Old 06-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Wallhanger

Hi Gregory, That is exactly what I wanted to here . Even better I now can wait to see if it works out for you as we have the same problem. Please keep me informed of the results and thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 07:57 PM
Keeper

Talked to MK again today. No info will show up on the website for showing order processing, shipment, etc. I was told the kit would ship out today, Wed., and that the website tracking info will update overnight. Gregory
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM
Keeper

"Brown" del'd the update kit Thurs. PM. A little less than 24 hours transit time from MN to Cent. WI. Everything is installed and ready for an on-the-water calibration, heading offset, & test tomorrow, Monday.

Last edited by GOS; Yesterday at 05:26 PM.