Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
liveprecise.com for snapweight chart - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-10-2019, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollMasterCalculator View Post
For what it's worth, I will likely increase the cost of my app in the future. If you're interested, this is a good time to buy...the app will only get better with time and the price will likely increase over time as well.
Will this be a one time cost, like the PTD app, that also gives free updates and additional lure info as it comes out, for as long as you stay with either phone platform? Or, an annual cost, like some other apps I use charge....

Oh, and if you're going to advertise this on a walleye site...it would help to have the most popular Bandit listed..."Deep Walleye 5/8ths". The other Bandits listed there are for bass.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112

Last edited by Juls; 10-09-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Slot Fish

Yes, this is a one time cost and all future updates are free once you purchase the app.

Thank you for the lure suggestions, I will work to get those added soon!

I have decided to increase the price in the near future. This is driven primarily by advertising costs. If you are interested in the app, this is a good time to purchase it.

Thanks,
Trevor
Old 10-09-2019, 09:37 AM
Keeper

Downloaded the app last night. Seems simple to use, once that there are more walleye lures info available will be special!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGregS View Post
Downloaded the app last night. Seems simple to use, once that there are more walleye lures info available will be special!

Thanks! There will definitely be more in there with time. I've got another 6 on my desk that need to be tested and added (Scatter Rap Tail Dancer, Scatter Rap Deep Husky Jerk, Hot N Tot, and Salmo Hornets 4, 5, 6).

Now that you've bought the app, you'll get every update for free.

Trevor
Old 10-12-2019, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollMasterCalculator View Post
I'll just highlight some of the differences between my app and that one. If you use their app, you have to use the same line, weights, leader lengths, etc.. that they used when they did their test runs.

It's also worth mentioning that I have been using the Fish Hawk TD to obtain depth measurements. I'd argue this is as good as having a diver down there. Now the way I generate the depth is different, as it is based on a calculation...but I do use these measurements to fine tune the depth calculation.

If you use my app, you can use it to calculate depth for nearly any rig you can think of. This gives you flexibility that the other doesn't.

In addition, my app also takes into account things like the height of your rod tip. This is something that I have never even seen addressed on depth charts, yet it makes a big difference in lure depth.

I don't think it's an either/or situation...the apps are a little different in what they do, so I don't think it's unreasonable to think someone could use both. At $9.99 (US$), I think my app is a great value if you're even a casual fisherman.

For what it's worth, I will likely increase the cost of my app in the future. If you're interested, this is a good time to buy...the app will only get better with time and the price will likely increase over time as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer any that there might be.

Thanks,
Trevor
Trevor,

Next Friday I am going small lake trout fishing where we drag some inline spinner rigs with an electric motor and canoe. I just installed your program and am looking forward to using it as in the past we simply would see the trout on the graph then guess. Looking forward to a better methodology.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Wallhanger

I will be running it this week as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2019, 09:59 AM
Slot Fish

That's great, I would love to hear what you guys think!

Thank you guys for your interest.

Best,
Trevor
Old 10-19-2019, 08:56 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawman View Post
It is hard for me to understand why anyone who fishes any amount at all would quibble over the cost of Precision Trolling Data ap. The accuracy of an actual diver witnessing the depth is undeniable and for only a little over 100. for LIFETIME of use.
I find precision very limited on line type, mainly berkley, i’m more into fireline and leaders and I just tried Troll Master and it has any line and leader combination you can think of. Also I tested it on a known flat at 23’ and i was scrapping bottom dead on.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 10-24-2019, 09:53 AM
Keeper

I purchased the Troll Master app a couple weeks ago and have played with it a bit. I'm impressed so far. The ability to calculate any scenario is a definite improvement over the Precision app. My only concern is how accurate the calculations are since you can't test all variables. It's hunting season so I've only tested it on the water once but it seems to be pretty accurate. Hopefully you're able to keep it up. I'll recommend it to others. The price can't be beat compared to Precision.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highplains Fisher View Post
I purchased the Troll Master app a couple weeks ago and have played with it a bit. I'm impressed so far. The ability to calculate any scenario is a definite improvement over the Precision app. My only concern is how accurate the calculations are since you can't test all variables. It's hunting season so I've only tested it on the water once but it seems to be pretty accurate. Hopefully you're able to keep it up. I'll recommend it to others. The price can't be beat compared to Precision.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm very glad to hear you like it. Now that you've bought it, you will get all future upgrades and improvements for free. The app price will be increasing as more lures are added, so I think you got in at a great time.

You are absolutely right, there is no way I can test all the possible combinations of lure, line, weight, diver, etc. What I do is to test the methodology that the app uses. I prove out the way the app handles the individual tackle elements (weights, lures, divers, etc..) and then I prove out the way it combines them. I use the Fish Hawk TD a good bit to get depth measurements to spot check the whole thing.

If you go to www.TrollMasterDepthCalculator.com you can see some examples of the depth measurements vs the predicted values.

Thanks,
Trevor