Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
High Five vrs Rev 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 07-26-2021, 05:50 PM
Slot Fish

Default High Five vrs Rev 4

Any one do any testing with a High five prop vrs a Rev 4? Did you keep the same pitch ? How was the hole shot, handling, grip & etc of the high five?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskieMat View Post
Any one do any testing with a High five prop vrs a Rev 4? Did you keep the same pitch ? How was the hole shot, handling, grip & etc of the high five?
Iím a big fan of the Rev 4. Itís a great prop for overall performance, but truly excels when it comes to hole shot and rough water applications, especially on larger glass boats and hulls with higher deadrise angles that really benefit from the added stern lift.

I am NOT a fan of the High 5. It does have a decent hole shot and low speed performance, but at least in my experience, itís generally a very poor performing prop. Slow on top end, inefficient at cruising speeds, funky handling/trim characteristics, and nearly zero thrust in reverse. I can say that of all the props Iíve tested over the years, the High 5 was without a doubt the worst. That being said, every boat and motor combo is different, and for some, the High 5 might be a very good option.

Waxy
Old 07-27-2021, 03:30 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks Waxy. What was the boat motor combination you used both the Rev4 and High five on ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2021, 04:04 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Thanks Waxy. What was the boat motor combination you used both the Rev4 and High five on ?
I ran them both on a Warrior 193 with an ETEC 200HO, and a Warrior 203 with a 300 Verado.

Waxy
Old 07-27-2021, 06:40 PM
Slot Fish

I did a little research from what I found it really depends on the boat/ hull for the High Five prop. Big spread between love and hate. I need to find out if someone has tested this prop on a Crossover/ Impact 1875 with a Merc 150 4 stroke. Before I dive in and be disappointed.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:00 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
I ran them both on a Warrior 193 with an ETEC 200HO, and a Warrior 203 with a 300 Verado.

Waxy
Do you recall what pitch the props were?
Old 07-27-2021, 08:16 PM
Wallhanger

Odd that i can have such an opposite experience to the same prop as Waxy. I ran a 21p High five on my 87 Lund Tyee and it was amazing. Ran 47 mph at 6000 rpm, great holeshot, low speed maneuvering and bow control. I liked it so much that when i went to my 87 Baron I ran a High Five on that one too.

Now we were running different boats and the two boats i used it on were very similar to each other, both being 87 Lund deep v aluminum hulls. Maybe I got lucky. But i did try a 17p on my Tritoon and liked it but i just couldn't get the rpms where i needed it. Wish they made a 15p version but they don't.

You may just have to try it out for yourself. If you live close to Northwest Indiana i could let you try one out- I have a 17,19 and 21p High Five, I'm hanging on to them for when i repower.
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance autopilot
Navico Precision-9
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3d
2 72" Traxtech tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
8 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 07-28-2021, 10:58 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Do you recall what pitch the props were?
The Rev 4 was a 19, I do not remember what pitch the High 5ís were, but I tried a couple on a prop loan program.

Waxy
Old 07-28-2021, 08:36 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain View Post
Odd that i can have such an opposite experience to the same prop as Waxy. I ran a 21p High five on my 87 Lund Tyee and it was amazing. Ran 47 mph at 6000 rpm, great holeshot, low speed maneuvering and bow control. I liked it so much that when i went to my 87 Baron I ran a High Five on that one too.

Now we were running different boats and the two boats i used it on were very similar to each other, both being 87 Lund deep v aluminum hulls. Maybe I got lucky. But i did try a 17p on my Tritoon and liked it but i just couldn't get the rpms where i needed it. Wish they made a 15p version but they don't.

You may just have to try it out for yourself. If you live close to Northwest Indiana i could let you try one out- I have a 17,19 and 21p High Five, I'm hanging on to them for when i repower.
Thanks for the offer if I was closer I Would be all in.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:56 PM
Wallhanger

For the crossover I would look at the bravo 1 fs or rev 4. I have run rev 4 17 pitch and tempest 19 pitch on mine. Someone on the board had very good luck with the bravo 1 fs in 20 pitch on the crossover. They are Designed different so you can get away with 20 pitch. If I was buying today I would get the bravo 1 fs prop. Not suppose to lose speed compared to the rev 4. My rev is maybe 1.5 or a little more slower then the tempest.