Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund 219GL Transom - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-22-2021, 08:21 PM
Minnow

Default Lund 219GL Transom

I am looking at a 2017 Lund 219GL. I am well aware of the transom problems on older Lunds but what about these newer gl boats? Have had guys say they have big problems too but it's always guys that have never owned a Lund GL boat it's usually hearsay. Also from the 202 to the 219 where is the extra room? Is it all up front? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2021, 08:38 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwehrm View Post
I am looking at a 2017 Lund 219GL. I am well aware of the transom problems on older Lunds but what about these newer gl boats? Have had guys say they have big problems too but it's always guys that have never owned a Lund GL boat it's usually hearsay. Also from the 202 to the 219 where is the extra room? Is it all up front? Thanks
I spoke to Lund about comments like that I heard and they said there are no defects or known issues with the GL boats and full warranty would cover anything if there was.

The 202 was shortened to take a little room from stern and bow.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 08-22-2021, 08:48 PM
Minnow

Good to hear. I think i have it narrowed down to a 219GL or 621 Ranger or dark horse possibility of a Zv21.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2021, 09:32 PM
welll

A Green Bay Guide broke a couple so its not unheard of.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by welll View Post
A Green Bay Guide broke a couple so its not unheard of.
I’m not one talk negatively about other boats or companies, so I really debated about commenting at all, I don’t want to be “that guy” just spreading rumours or talking trash. I think it is an issue though, and if I were a buyer, I’d want to know.

There aren’t a ton of 202/219s on the water around here, and of those, I know of at least 4 that have had bad transoms/glass work and had to go back to the factory to be rebuilt/repaired. Two of those boats ended up having the same problem again after being repaired. These boats are not being abused either, just normal use. Take that for what you will…

Waxy
Old 08-23-2021, 12:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
I’m not one talk negatively about other boats or companies, so I really debated about commenting at all, I don’t want to be “that guy” just spreading rumours or talking trash. I think it is an issue though, and if I were a buyer, I’d want to know.

There aren’t a ton of 202/219s on the water around here, and of those, I know of at least 4 that have had bad transoms/glass work and had to go back to the factory to be rebuilt/repaired. Two of those boats ended up having the same problem again after being repaired. These boats are not being abused either, just normal use. Take that for what you will…

Waxy
All feedback is good feedback. I was also concerned when I heard about this potential issue. I wrote Lund they told me what to check and it was fine, had something to so with a cross member however they assured me it was a very isolated situation and I have not heard of any other issues, I heard the same thing somewhere about 4 boats, many issues. Needless to say anything can be an issue in manufacturing. I saw a boat with the whole sidewall caved it.

Where did you hear about these 4 boats, I was confused given you said not very many on the water around you? Was it online comments somewhere also, may be the same ones.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 08-23-2021, 10:11 PM
Wallhanger

Might not be what you meant when you mentioned "older Lunds"....But...there's no wood in the GLs.
Never has been.

Last edited by T Mac; 08-23-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:57 PM
Minnow

Usually when im looking at boat Lund and fiberglass dont go together. Lund is a aluminum boat in my eyes. Yarcraft,skeeter,warrior,ranger are your glass quality boats.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:08 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbars19 View Post
Usually when im looking at boat Lund and fiberglass dont go together. Lund is a aluminum boat in my eyes. Yarcraft,skeeter,warrior,ranger are your glass quality boats.
How’s that any difference than ford making a mustang and a F-350, a boat is a boat.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 08-31-2021, 08:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post

Waxy

I am with Waxy.... Hard to not just chime in because people do really want to know.

I will say this. Lund is obviously going to say they haven't had any issues, I think all manufactures would take that stance.

BUT! Come to a tournament and start to get to know people. You hear and see everything. Now I haven't seen anything first hand and haven't heard anything in about a year on Lund Transom issues, but you'd be surprised at number of transom issues you hear about that no one talks about. I personally have been a Lund guy all my life but that was until I learned a few things and talk to people. I personally would never buy one myself. This isn't just because of the so called transom issues.

Of the list of boats the OP put up which I believe was the Lund, Ranger and ZV21 from Nitro, the only one I would buy would be the Nitro. It isn't the detailed boat that everyone wants, but ya don't hear about to many issue with them or really any at all. And if they are, they're self induced which I only know of one lol.

A reason I run Skeeter..... ZERO problems. I would own a Warrior if money was no object.
NPAA #803