Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Free Depth Curves - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Supporting Vendor

Default Free Depth Curves

I just added some free depth curves to the Troll Master Depth Calculator website. They show the measured lure depths (using the Fish Hawk TD) as well as the calculated depth. The same calculation that generated the depth curve is what is used in the app to calculate depths.

I will be adding more in the future, keep an eye on the website if you are interested in seeing additional depth curves. Keep in mind that the app can calculate depth data for a very wide range of speeds, lines, weights, diver, and lure combinations.

https://trollmasterdepthcalculator.com/

As always, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Trevor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2019, 04:31 AM
Wallhanger

I bought the app. No water testing yet, but I like the concept. First thing I would say is that if trying to break into the walleye world, youre going to need a lot more crankbaits. You have the ole standards, but I know those depth curves without any app, like a lot of guys will.

Second, can the equation be reverse engineered? Id like to be able to put in desired depth and have the calculation give me the feet of line.

Is it possible to calculate bottom bouncers? I know they are supposed to sit on the bottom, but fine tuning a bouncer presentation is a real game changer a lot of days.

Good Luck With the app. Hopefully it catches on and someday displays 100s of crankbaits. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWarrior View Post
I bought the app. No water testing yet, but I like the concept. First thing I would say is that if trying to break into the walleye world, youre going to need a lot more crankbaits. You have the ole standards, but I know those depth curves without any app, like a lot of guys will.

Second, can the equation be reverse engineered? Id like to be able to put in desired depth and have the calculation give me the feet of line.

Is it possible to calculate bottom bouncers? I know they are supposed to sit on the bottom, but fine tuning a bouncer presentation is a real game changer a lot of days.

Good Luck With the app. Hopefully it catches on and someday displays 100s of crankbaits. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely be changing the app as you suggested (i.e. put in desired depth and app calculates line length). I've heard this from a few folks at this point and I think this would be a good change.

I just purchased another bunch of crankbaits from Cabela's yesterday. Most of what I make on the app I am reinvesting in lures, advertising, and other tackle.

The app can definitely be used to for bottom bouncing estimates, the same physics apply. I actually plan to use it for the same thing. I'm going to mold some bottom bouncing weights for our fall season.

Now that you've purchased the app, you will get all of the future updates for free. I think this is a good investment as I will likely increase the price once the app does have 100's of lures in it.

Thanks,
Trevor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2019, 09:04 PM
Minnow

I have a question about your app. I bought it and played with it a little, but ended up returning it. I couldn't figure out how to use it so I could get my lure to a desired depth. The app asks for all sorts of variables, and then tells you how deep the lure will go. I want to be able to tell the app how deep I want the lure to go and it tell me the variables. Perhaps I didn't spend enough time playing with it, but it seemed backwards to me. The app seemed easy enough to use, but was I missing something?

Edit: I should have read WallyWarriors post before I typed this, I think we are on the same page.

Last edited by HodakaD; 09-16-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodakaD View Post
I have a question about your app. I bought it and played with it a little, but ended up returning it. I couldn't figure out how to use it so I could get my lure to a desired depth. The app asks for all sorts of variables, and then tells you how deep the lure will go. I want to be able to tell the app how deep I want the lure to go and it tell me the variables. Perhaps I didn't spend enough time playing with it, but it seemed backwards to me. The app seemed easy enough to use, but was I missing something?

Edit: I should have read WallyWarriors post before I typed this, I think we are on the same page.

Thank you for the feedback.

You are correct, the way the app is currently setup you enter all the variables then click calculate. Most people just change the amount of line to see the change in depth.

I have recently had a number of people request what you just mentioned - the ability to enter a depth and have the app tell you how much line you need out. This is definitely something that I will be adding in the future. Once you purchase the app, you get all updates for free.

I'll likely include this change in my next update, in which I will also be releasing new lures.

Thanks,

Trevor