Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger employee spin off co (BoneYard) - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 03-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

A nice looking boat. It is great to see a new player in the multi-species world. Being new from the ground up, there appears to be lots of useful new features in design. It looks to sit on the water very nicely.

However...ÖÖ.hopefully it is just the photos, but it would appear to have the smallest cockpit ever. There seems to be just a tiny amount of room between the rear and front seats. Looks really small.

Do you suppose they will have an "introductory price"? The glass walleye boat market has to be a tough one to get established. Larson seems to making it but their price point must sway a lot of buyers.

Good luck Vexus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Wallhanger

Nothing cheap looking about these boats. Vacuum infused fiberglass, finish painted. The dvx 20 shown has a running rod rack, like Modogs, that takes up cockpit space. Storage looks well thought out. Maybe a little short on rod storage length but on par with rangers and lund. Direct competition to ranger 620/621 and lund 202/219. Very nice looking boat, lets see how they perform in the big water. Definately a new player in the game with some old, very experienced players building. Lookout Ranger!
Old 03-15-2019, 11:44 AM
Keeper

[QUOTE=rps;6299766]Just read this thread. I saw Vexus boats up close (I crawled all over several) this last month at a boat show. Plain and boxy is a poor description at best. In addition, the fit and finish was impeccable.

I also talked with the senior VP Keith Daffron, Forrest Wood's son in law? He told me 90 of the 100 and something employees are former Ranger people.[/QUOTE]

I guess you also 'just read' this other 3 month old thread too, where you also brought up Vexus?

[url]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6299772#post6299772[/url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 11:50 AM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;6300246]Does the main cockpit look small for a 20'9" hull?

HRG[/QUOTE]

a couple of things

1. it was taken from a ways away using a long lens which compresses the look of the image front to back (which in this case will make the boat seem narrower)

2. is there a removable casting platform in there?
Old 03-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Slot Fish

A lot of people predicted this...Ranger is now the new Bass Tracker. People bought Rangers because they were Rangers. They aren't anymore, quality and fit and finish are gone compared to boats made before Bass Pro moved in. Many feel Vexus will be what Ranger used to be. I know a pro currently on the Bassmaster Circuit who told me 80% of the pros currently with Ranger will switch to Vexus. His speculation, not mine.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=promopete;6300296]A lot of people predicted this...Ranger is now the new Bass Tracker. People bought Rangers because they were Rangers. They aren't anymore, quality and fit and finish are gone compared to boats made before Bass Pro moved in. Many feel Vexus will be what Ranger used to be. I know a pro currently on the Bassmaster Circuit who told me 80% of the pros currently with Ranger will switch to Vexus. His speculation, not mine.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Vexus will give away that many boats. My guess is a few in each series- FLW-BASS-MLF/BPT. But more in the FLW tour, one of the optional colors listed is FLW red. Probably a color they don't want you to wrap.
Ulterra
Solix 12 mega
Solix 10 mega
HB 360 transom mount
Old 03-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Minnow

[QUOTE=unchained;6300272]a couple of things

1. it was taken from a ways away using a long lens which compresses the look of the image front to back (which in this case will make the boat seem narrower)

2. is there a removable casting platform in there?[/QUOTE]

It certainly looks removable. I would hope so anyway. How could anyone think a cockpit that cramped would be a good idea? LOL

I wonder if it has the same livewell they put in the bass boats. It seals at the top so you can fill it completely and the fish donít slosh about when you are driving.

For Minnesota folks, this boat is apparently going to be at the northwest sports show.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=RyanC;6300300]
I wonder if it has the same livewell they put in the bass boats. It seals at the top so you can fill it completely and the fish donít slosh about when you are driving.

For Minnesota folks, this boat is apparently going to be at the northwest sports show.[/QUOTE]

If you get a chance, George Liddle has a video on FB of the DVX, and talks about the no-slosh, pressurized livewell.

I expect to see him with that hull next week in MPLS.

HRG
Old 03-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;6300304]If you get a chance, George Liddle has a video on FB of the DVX, and talks about the no-slosh, pressurized livewell.

I expect to see him with that hull next week in MPLS.

HRG[/QUOTE]

This boat has about a million trademarked name features. They call the livewell "Intensive Care".
Ulterra
Solix 12 mega
Solix 10 mega
HB 360 transom mount
Old 03-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Scott C;6300298]I doubt Vexus will give away that many boats. My guess is a few in each series- FLW-BASS-MLF/BPT. But more in the FLW tour, one of the optional colors listed is FLW red. Probably a color they don't want you to wrap.[/QUOTE]
FLW...Forrest L Wood