Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Welcome to IL, pay toll 1 mile,,,,, - Page 7 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 01-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=jfishpa;6280018]As i posted before tolls here in PA are used to partially fund road improvements and we have probably the highest gas tax. So people complain all the time about that and then turn around to complain about road conditions,. What is the solution? By the way most of the taxes on fuels go to pay for the state police. Also Tennessee seems to rely on a high sales tax , 9.45 % when i was there.[/QUOTE]

I caught that as well, very high sales taxes. I estimate on my purchasing average that I would pay between $1500-2000 above what I pay in WI for sales tax there over a year's time, and maybe much more than that with large purchases.

I see WI as a pretty much all inclusive state with sales and property taxes covering most everything so on paper it looks bad compared to other states. If you figure in the other junk other states get you on I don't see it bad at all. I lived in another state out west that had lower property taxes but loads of other taxes and registration fees. They get you coming or going, but no matter, they will get you. A lot of states use an a-la-carte method to make themselves look better but in reality you are making it up, just in other ways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2019, 03:14 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=vtec;6280022]I caught that as well, very high sales taxes. I estimate on my purchasing average that I would pay between $1500-2000 above what I pay in WI for sales tax there over a year's time, and maybe much more than that with large purchases.

I see WI as a pretty much all inclusive state with sales and property taxes covering most everything so on paper it looks bad compared to other states. If you figure in the other junk other states get you on I don't see it bad at all. I lived in another state out west that had lower property taxes but loads of other taxes and registration fees. They get you coming or going, but no matter, they will get you. A lot of states use an a-la-carte method to make themselves look better but in reality you are making it up, just in other ways.[/QUOTE]

Come to the EMPIRE STATE OF TAXES (NY) and you will be amazed how our corrupted governor better known as King Cuomo found more and new ways to tax us and then waste the money away.

And make sure you have your wallet out if you travel the I-90 because it's toll road that is not well maintained........they have decided to use the toll money to fund the ancient old almost never used Erie Barge Canal......you can't make that ship up...... :angry:

BTW our gas is $2.64 so you can see the gas tax reality in every gallon when compared to other neighboring states. Thank God for the Indian Reservation gas stations where I can save $1 per gallon there.

I wish they would close our state government because like the feds I don't get anything from them either and wouldn't notice they were closed. . . . :o
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra