Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance hook 2 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-31-2019, 05:41 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks, do you get a good picture on. Auto? To me I'm happy with one on front on auto but back one dosent show much of anything even structure. I guess I'm at a loss I sent first one back to lowrance they sent me another and it's no different so I don't know do ya think it would help to change transducers a new triple shot? To me it's "working" so don't know if that would fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019, 04:44 AM
Wallhanger

Have you taken it off auto yet and tried adjusting it? Auto is a starting point but may not be the ideal settings , odds are your gain is too high and your not showing everything that you could. Plus do not run bow graph and console graph at same frequency, they will interfere with each other if they are both on at the same time.
Rhodan 72" 36v 120 lb. thrust trolling motor
2 Simrad NSS12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
LSS 1
2 36" Cannon tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 08-01-2019, 05:11 AM
Slot Fish

I have had one off have had it off auto to play with sencivity and it just dosent work but a good idea on changing frequency i will figure out how to that but still i have left front one off at times hasent changed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019, 05:33 AM
Wallhanger

Well if sensitivity doesn't improve image could the transducer be mounted too high? I would still think it would show something but I'm just throwing stuff out there.
2 Simrad NSS12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
LSS 1
2 36" Cannon tracks
Old 08-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks, that's a hole nother issue I haven't brought up tryed on here once and by all the videos I watch they recommend the ducer half out of water and half under I have had it deep and have worked my way up now I have it half up half below boat with a straight edge and still loose bottem at 30 34ish mph. I have tryed leveling it like the videos nothing helps I could try next raise it even with bottom of ducer flush with bottem of boat but haven't gone that far yet
Old 08-01-2019, 06:54 PM
Wallhanger

Mine is just a Hook 5, so maybe that is whyI have the page where you have an option of four transducers. If you were getting interference from your front graph you would see it on your screen.

Isn’t the leading edge of the transducer supposed to be even with the planning surface of the hull, and the trailing edge a little lower?

Do you have anything on the screen while just idling along? If you don’t, your graph isn’t recognizing your transducer.

Last edited by bassin08; 08-01-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassin08 View Post
Mine is just a Hook 5, so maybe that is whyI have the page where you have an option of four transducers. If you were getting interference from your front graph you would see it on your screen.

Isnít the leading edge of the transducer supposed to be even with the planning surface of the hull, and the trailing edge a little lower?

Do you have anything on the screen while just idling along? If you donít, your graph isnít recognizing your transducer.
He's showing depth and temp so transducer is recognized, there's no interference on screen due the fact he is shallow at 12 feet and the cones are not overlapping yet, he will have it when he gets a little deeper if they are set at the same frequency.
2 Simrad NSS12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
LSS 1
2 36" Cannon tracks
Old 08-02-2019, 07:46 AM
Slot Fish

Nothing changes at low speed when I get going I loose bottem depth and eventually may just see a line or nothing when going on plane. I hate to i may just put a split shot ducer on sadly idont use it to its fullest and dont use sidescan and looks like plug end is the same on my hook but have not tried yet. I may move it up flush with bottem of boat first if that don't work I will try the split shot ducer. I know it's too late say going 40mph and come up on a hump I know the lake I fish and dosent matter but hate loosing bottem with speed and don't show much for structure and no fish wich I will still fish a spot and still catch fish at times so I don't know
Old 08-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Wallhanger

Make sure transducer is level when it is on the water, probably not the same as being level with bottom of the boat. Here's a tip, notice the water line on the side of your boat after you pull in out, runs at an angle from back to front, take trailer off the boat then adjust the tongue height til water line is straight across, parallel with ground. That's the angle to install your transducer as that's how it sits in the water. Start there, then adjust angle if need be, also that tranducers midline should be even with bottom of the hull, i wouldn't raise it at all in fact id try lowering it if the midline is higher. Transducer placement is very important to get optimal readings. Think about your trolling motor transducer, it works well and it's 2 feet under the surface and points straight down.

What i would also do to troubleshoot is take that transducer off the transom and clamp it on the bottom of your trolling motor and run it to your bow graph. If it works fine, swap your head unit with your bow unit, should still work fine, if not your unit is bad. If transducer doesn't work on bow unit your transducer is bad and if it works with both units on the trolling motor then your mounting location is bad on the transom.
2 Simrad NSS12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
LSS 1
2 36" Cannon tracks
Old 08-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Wallhanger

On the side of my Split Shot transducer is a line about 1/2 down the side. The transducer part below the line needs to be in undisturbed water flow. I can read my Hook2 5 @ 25mph with no rooster tail. Have you tried switching to different transducer frequencies to get a good reading?