Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2075 Pro V tiller Prop Advice - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 08-08-2019, 06:13 AM
Keeper

Default 2075 Pro V tiller Prop Advice

This boat with a 200hp mercury L4, currently have a 4 blade 19 pitch 13.5Ē diameter 4 blade trophy plus prop. I have put the solid plugs in. The motor is slow out of the hole, really bad with live well full. The engine has no problem hitting 6100rpm during hole shot, there seems to be no bite just spinning, aerating. Once out of the hole boat picks up speed quickly but it will hit 6700 rpm. Top speed is 45 mph.
I need better holeshot and I am thinking a wider diameter prop to bite more. I am thinking a 19 tempest that is 14 5/8 diameter. I have no access to a prop exchange or demo program and do not want to make a mistake. Will the extra diameter be enough to help me with better holeshot and bring down the rpm or is it better to go to a 21 tempest or stay with a larger diameter 4 blade. This current prop spins, there is no lugging of the engine. I have to change props but I only want to get the right one on the first try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Minnow

How high is your engine mounted, which hole set? It sounds like you might be mounted too high with the huge blowout upon take-off. The speed sounds good for that sized boat with a 200 Tiller. Your RPMs do seem a little high but that could also be from having the engine mounted a little too high. How is the torque when steering at speed?
Old 08-08-2019, 06:03 PM
Keeper

Motor is in third hole, cavitation plate looks good, prop had the largest open plugs when I got it and it was even worse. Closingplugsoff helped some. Prop spins just not enough bite. Either to small of diameter or a larger pitch Iím thinking. Just donít want to buy a 3 bladed lawn ornament
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2019, 08:35 PM
Slot Fish

Mine came with a Trophy plus and had the same results as you. I put a 19p Tempest on and could hit 49-50 by myself and 1/2 tank of gas. It had a good holeshot. 6300 rpms.
Now I have a 20p Bravo FS and I raised it one hole, should have went 2. 6100 rpm's. I hit 51.3 once but it was going downriver. Holeshot is OK but not as good as the Tempest. I'm going to raise it a hole and see how it goes. I think a 19p Bravo LT would be about right. It is a better ride with the 4 blade.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

I would stick with a 4 blade prop. Rev 4, 19p. Your rpm's sound way off. I don't see how you could get 6700 rpm?

Tempest will have too much bow lift. In rough water you will be slamming any waves too far back from the bow of the boat. Go Rev 4 or Bravo, and it you really don't want those, the High 5 would be another to consider.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:03 PM
Keeper

The high rpms is exactly why I am thinking bigger diameter prop. And /or higher pitch. The more I read I agree with staying 4 blade. Just need the information to make a wise decision. Thanks for the advice
Old 08-09-2019, 09:19 PM
Wallhanger

Rev would be a good all around prop
Just have to decide between 17 and a 19
Would think you could spin a 19...
BT terrova link
Old 08-17-2019, 06:24 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapr View Post
This boat with a 200hp mercury L4, currently have a 4 blade 19 pitch 13.5” diameter 4 blade trophy plus prop. I have put the solid plugs in. The motor is slow out of the hole, really bad with live well full. The engine has no problem hitting 6100rpm during hole shot, there seems to be no bite just spinning, aerating. Once out of the hole boat picks up speed quickly but it will hit 6700 rpm. Top speed is 45 mph.
I need better holeshot and I am thinking a wider diameter prop to bite more. I am thinking a 19 tempest that is 14 5/8 diameter. I have no access to a prop exchange or demo program and do not want to make a mistake. Will the extra diameter be enough to help me with better holeshot and bring down the rpm or is it better to go to a 21 tempest or stay with a larger diameter 4 blade. This current prop spins, there is no lugging of the engine. I have to change props but I only want to get the right one on the first try.
Hi Glen ! As we had discussed... Sorry for Your problem..
I have NEVER ran with My rear livewell FULL, or even 1/2 full...
I only utilize My front livewell..
So I can't give You My experience with that situation.
BUT, I will try it next week just out of curiosity, and see what happens..
I've NEVER had the "spinning, aerating," problem You speak of, either...
HDS 8 Gen 1
Old 08-20-2019, 02:19 PM
Keeper

I feel for you. I have a 150 verado on a 2010 pro guide. I spun a 19P Tempest Plus at 47 MPH/5800RPM last fall. I went from 4 group 27's to 5 group 31 AGM, raised engine to third hole, and got a Simons tune last winter. This year, same prop, I am at 6450+ rpm and 45 mph. I have a 19P REV 4 in the mail, hope that fixes it. I plan on doing WOT and 0-30 speeds on my Enertia, Tempest and Rev 4 in a week or two. The tune made this motor come alive but I think the height may be just too much for the Tempest, but should be good for the REV 4. Only testing will tell.
Ches.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Minnow

I am running a 2075 with 200 Verado, plus a 9.9 kicker and 36v Vantage in the rear, 5 batteries on board (3x 31 series AGM in bow, 2x lead-acid in stern). Had 10 days on the water this summer when the rear livewell was completely full.

Currently running a Tempest prop with small hole vent plugs; not sure on pitch or hole height though. The boat gets on plane smooth and quick with all that load and runs much flatter than I would have guessed...definitely not hitting too far up the hull in rough water on Lac Suel or Lake of the Woods. Getting 45mph at 5700rpms, can hit 49mph at 6100rpms but don't ever bother.

I will check the specs on prop and hole height, and also film a quick YouTube video while we are up north this weekend for Labor Day. If I have time I might test out a couple spare props I have as well, including a Rev4.

Tags
pro v , prop , tiller