Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Replacement for 2004 Eagle trailer - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 08-21-2019, 09:14 AM
Keeper

Default Replacement for 2004 Eagle trailer

In the next year or so I will probably have to replace my 2004 Eagle trailer for my 2004 Alumacraft Tournament Sport 175. The trailer is rusting from inside out. Found that it has rusted through some at bottom of outside rail where it bends to angle to tongue. I know this is were they usually fail. I have two friends whose trailers failed at same spot. It still seems to have decent strength. I did a hammer test on the entire frame. The inside of outter frame definitely have a lot of rust. Cross members had a good ring sound, instead of dead tone. I fish an average of four times per week. The Eagle trailer has been great. It loads perfectly and really like the high tube guide-ons. I have already ready a quote from Trailmaster. Their frames are c channel. I will probably get a quote from Eagle. If I was getting a trailer for a new boat I would probably go with a heavy frame C channel or I frame. The new trailer will outlast the boat so I would be ok with a tube frame. Any other suggestions on a replacement trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 10:03 AM
Charter Member

JMW, \
Why not purchase another Eagle trailer except have it made from Galvanized metal or Aluminum?

Be safe
Old 08-21-2019, 11:56 AM
Wallhanger

I have a Bear trailer under my 2005 Alumacraft Tournament Sport 175. It came from Alumacraft with the boat new, and still looks like new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2019, 06:46 AM
Wallhanger

My Trailmaster tube trailer is the very best I have ever towed......I have towed up to 75 mph and it's as straight as a arrow behind me...... I would buy another in a heart beat. It was made just for Polar Kraft boats but Trailmaster has similar models also. I have what they called "Tundra" coating in 2015 but I believe they changed that name of the coating......it's similar to "Line-X" coating. It also has LED lighting all the way around and I never unplug the trailer to launch. After 4+ years the tires are wearing VERY even........it does NOT have brakes but they are available if you want them. My dealer/friend told me not to get the brakes because they can be troublesome. Instead I beefed up the brakes in my tow vehicle with slotted rotors and carbon metallic pads. Also recently replaced the 12 year old factory rubber brake hose to stainless steel hoses........now I have a more consistent firm brake pedal.

Good luck on your boat trailer hunt,
Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra