Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Dual Pro Extension cord Length - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Slot Fish

Default Dual Pro Extension cord Length

Hey, I was wondering what the max length of extension cord is for a Dual Pro 6 amp 3 bank charger. I need to either get a longer cord, connect two cords or move my boat closer to the outlet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM
Wallhanger

I couldn't find the manual for a Dual-Pro 3-bank/6 amps per bank, so here is Minn-Kots's chart. Their MK315 is 3 banks, 5 amps per bank.

How far are you trying to go?

HRG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MK extension cord.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	319322  
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM
Wallhanger

I am sure the input amperage is close enough to the Minn kota. I would think going with a 12 gauge is probably best no matter what length. But if cash is short do what you need. Bob
My concern with a light extension is related to the input voltage you get from the AC outlet. I am assuming your question is for charging away from home. I have found motels and small fishing resorts do not have the best AC hookups so the less voltage drop the better for chargers. I am surprised they don't have their own chart also. Bob

Last edited by Ozark Bob; Yesterday at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM
Wallhanger

My wife say's if I bring home one more extension cord, she's going to leave me.

I'll miss her,,,,,,

HRG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	extension%20cords.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	319328  
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks guys, actually Bob, this is at home. I keep the boat parked on the street right now, so I don't have to move it every time my son wants to shoot hoops in the driveway. I can't get it in the side yard because the curb is too high. I think I have a 50' cord, but not sure. The cord works if I keep it right out front. However, I like to keep the boat on the other side of the driveway, so I don't have to move it on garbage day. From there, I only need about five extra feet of cord.
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtfish View Post
Thanks guys, actually Bob, this is at home. I keep the boat parked on the street right now, so I don't have to move it every time my son wants to shoot hoops in the driveway. I can't get it in the side yard because the curb is too high. I think I have a 50' cord, but not sure. The cord works if I keep it right out front. However, I like to keep the boat on the other side of the driveway, so I don't have to move it on garbage day. From there, I only need about five extra feet of cord.

Just build a set of ramps so you can back it into the side yard over that curb.

2020 Chevy Silverado RST 6.2l Crew Cab
2015 Nitro ZV18
200hp Optimax
15hp EFI Mercury Pro Kicker
Garmin electronics
(4) Garmin EM+ 93sv
Panoptix livescope
MinnKota Terrova 112
Minn Kota 15' talon
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
My wife say's if I bring home one more extension cord, she's going to leave me.

I'll miss her,,,,,,

HRG
Looks like a work of art! While I might have as many they are not organized.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Slot Fish

I used car trailer ramps that I borrowed to get it out of the side yard this spring, because that's where I store it for the winter. They actually bent a little. Surprising, since a car weighs more than a boat. I built a ramp with packed snow to get it in. What a pain that was. I'm never doing that again. The pickup took out a couple of lilacs while slipping and sliding all over with wheels spinning. I think I will someday build a slope with dirt and gravel until I can cut out a driveway apron. Until then, I need to either park the boat in front to charge, then move it to the other side on garbage day, or get a longer extension cord.