Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bullseye Boat Loader - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 08-09-2021, 06:32 AM
Keeper

Many posts are straying a bit from the OP intent. I'm glad he found a product that he likes enough to share it here.

Last edited by Timmer92; 08-09-2021 at 06:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2021, 06:01 PM
Minnow

Default guides

I had an issue with mine drifting as i pulled out off river current landings only an inch or so and it was close enough to possible rub on fender. Did a lot of research and went with the bullseye also just installed the back set and it comes out of the water perfect every time. Great product, not sure why there is so much bashing going on when someone finds a good product that may help someone else out. As far as trailer not being setup properly it all depends on the boat. Yes the rangers load well without anything but look at the hull of a ranger and compare that to a flat bottom or semi V, not everyone fish's out of a 70,000 plus boat!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2021, 09:57 AM
Minnow

Completed my trip to Devils lake over a week ago and the first thing I did after getting home was buy a set of Bullseye's. Every time we pulled my boat out of the water, it would be sitting on the fender. Putting the boat back into the lake and centering it got old after day 3.....

I ordered the "Lund Kit" and are still waiting for it to ship out. Can't wait to get it installed and be done with repeated centering on the Shorelander trailer.
Helix 9 MSI G4N
Helix 7 MDI G3N
Old 08-14-2021, 10:09 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC305 View Post
Completed my trip to Devils lake over a week ago and the first thing I did after getting home was buy a set of Bullseye's. Every time we pulled my boat out of the water, it would be sitting on the fender. Putting the boat back into the lake and centering it got old after day 3.....

I ordered the "Lund Kit" and are still waiting for it to ship out. Can't wait to get it installed and be done with repeated centering on the Shorelander trailer.
I have the Lund Kit as well, and it's really nice. He's gone to pre-drilling the holes in the support bars now so that you don't have to do that step. Now you just assemble, position on the trailer and tighten. I got a set both last year and this year, and the pre-drilling was one of the changes he made.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:48 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer92 View Post
Many posts are straying a bit from the OP intent. I'm glad he found a product that he likes enough to share it here.
Sign of the times-
Someone makes a sincere recommendation on a product to solve a problem and people high jack the thread to proclaim we should buy a certain brand of boat and trailer.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:48 AM
Minnow

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodinvilleWalleye View Post
I have the Lund Kit as well, and it's really nice. He's gone to pre-drilling the holes in the support bars now so that you don't have to do that step. Now you just assemble, position on the trailer and tighten. I got a set both last year and this year, and the pre-drilling was one of the changes he made.
You were dead on sir! I had tried to center the boat as best as possible on the last loading, but was a little to the right. I put that side's Bullseye just touching the boat and gave some space on the left to allow the boat to center more. I finally got out this past weekend and was interested to see how well they would work. I just rope pulled the boat onto the trailer and winched the eye up and drove up the ramp. Got to the top to check everything out and the boat was nearly dead centered between the wheel wells of the trailer!

Getting off the lake is going to be so much easier now, without having to reset the boat all the time. The Bullseye loader is almost the same height as the OEM guide-on's from Shoreland'r, so I'm considering taking those off and selling them. They are so far outside the trailer frame that they are almost useless.
Helix 9 MSI G4N
Helix 7 MDI G3N

Last edited by SJC305; 10-20-2021 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Maybe, they will be good for those launching at windy river launches, with current...but, I see no need for those anywhere around here where the launches are mostly protected.

I can do the same thing without them.
Jul's 1st let me say I love your posts and the information you share. but this one isn't fair to those of us who don't have a big expensive fitted trailer for our bass boats. . your trailer makes it almost impossible to load your boat wrong. secondly, I have never owned a bass boat with a fitted drive-on trailer. I have always owned just deep V runabouts with a standard roller or bunk trailer that came with the boat. my last boat was an old 86 cobia 21' on a bunk trailer that I added roller bunks to. without guides, it always loaded a little crooked. I have been boating for 43 yrs and always had cheaper-made trailers. now back when I had help loading I did power load and was pretty darn good at it. but I had someone to hook it up and winch it down. now with a bass boat, it would be much easier to hook it up and winch it down then climb off the bow and drive out. but a deep V is harder to get out of. I just bought an 87 rinker 17' and the first thing I did was ad rear guides on the trailer.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:27 AM
Wallhanger

Far as I know Juls runs a deep V Ranger. I don't know where a Bass Bat fits into this.
Old 10-22-2021, 04:58 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Far as I know Juls runs a deep V Ranger. I don't know where a Bass Bat fits into this.
Pretty sure that was a swipe at Ranger owners since Ranger started in the bass boat business.
But that being said , having owned two older Deep V aluminum boats , I absolutely needed my guide ons to center my boat on those roller trailers,not to mention my waders.
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance autopilot
Navico Precision-9
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3d
2 72" Traxtech tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
8 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 10-23-2021, 05:30 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
well, I'm guilty, I did say bass boat. but the trailer was the point of my post. once the boat is started straight on the trailer all that's required is a forward motion and the boat loads itself on those fitted trailers. I'd bet she paid more for her trailer than I've got in all my boat's motors and trailers. I bought a nice old 17' rinker for 600.00 with a 115 johnson motor that doesn't run right. I can't get it in the shop until Dec to get checked out. I paid 200.00 for the trailer. I run into a great buy on an old bass boat without a title that has a good running 70 hp johnson on it for 800.00. if my 115 motor cant be fixed I'll put the 70 on it. then I'd have a total of 1600.00 in everything. but if my 115 can be fixed for 500.00 or less I won't have that much invested. this is my boat and used on inland lakes and rivers.

now my oldest son and I went in together and bought a 26' sylvan boat for 7500.00 for the boat and trailer, it has the Mercruiser I/O 350 motor. this boat, its either put guides on it or go wading. I already have them on my boat trailer. and that's a total of 9100.00 for everything if I have to use the 70 hp motor.