Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Radial vs five ply tires on Boat trailer - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 09-07-2021, 09:11 PM
Minnow

Had radial tires that I got from 4wheelonline. I noticed that the sidewalls are more flexible and my trailer seems to corner and pull more smoothly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2021, 11:20 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinagain View Post
St185/80D13
I replaced my trailer tires at the beginning of this season with Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires (ST185/80R13), great tire and the original Sport Trail Carlisle (bias ply) were 9 years old. Hard time finding the Sport Trail, so i got the Radial Trail HD, better tire anyway. I keep my trailer tires at 50 lb.psi all the time.

Last edited by Franco Cialone; 10-24-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:36 AM
Wallhanger

sure hope you had a good trip. when I was running the 13" I was way overloaded for 13's. I bought a 19' center console on the trailer but switched boats to a 21' open bow cruiser with the 350 Mercruiser. and I was running 75 mph on my trips to fl. after I switched to the 14's I made the trips several times without a flat at constant speeds of 75 with an occasional 80 to 85 mph. on my second set, I did have a flat going up to Erie this yr. but I think it was just a bad tire. with about 50 miles to go my son following me had me stop to check a tire that he said was bouncing pretty bad. the balancing weight had come off. so I figured it was just out of balance and went on., but 5 miles from our exit I was looking in my side mirror when rubber flew everywhere. but I checked the other tires and they were all cool and collected. put the spare on and finished our trip. i did just buy a set of cheap bias tires for my little boat trailer because money was low. but when I replace them it'll be with radials I hope. they run cooler pull smother and are just a better towing tire. why do you think all cars switched to radial tires?