Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Welcome to the NFL Urban. - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2021, 03:43 PM
Wallhanger

Sorry to disappoint you, Dwood, but I'm not going to take any more of your bait, as I'm not interested in indulging your wish to fight. As I said, I hope you get over your sulk eventually.

Gerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2021, 05:12 PM
Wallhanger

What bait? I asked you about the coaching stuff because as a former coach I always hated it when people talk like they knew what was going on. I highly doubt most people really know what’s going on with that guy. If you are the exception then explain it. But you didn’t really do that he just ranted.

You seriously need to talk to someone.

Last edited by Derwood; 09-14-2021 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:48 AM
Wallhanger

I’m not a fan of this fella. If I had any respect for the person in the past, that was gone the instant he was spanked by his employer for not addressing the issue of a staff member abusing their wife repeatedly ...which was known by Meyer. Hence the reason for him being suspended.

His lack of addressing this serious issue with one of his staff members leads one to believe that he feels entitled to do what he wants vs. what is right. Great Leaders do what is right, no matter how difficult the situation may be .

He won’t make it in the NFL with his demonstrated behavior. Every player feels emboldened and entitled. There are vastly more “off field issues” to deal with at the NFL level and he has already failed, in that regard, at the minor league level.

I often wondered how Meyer’s wife felt about his lack of addressing spousal abuse....oh, that’s right, she knew about it too.

And this cat Day at OSU now....he is in over head too. Just another “yes man”.

PjShorthorn
Old 09-15-2021, 07:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
... There are vastly more “off field issues” to deal with at the NFL level...
That's one thing Meyer already has a lot of experience with, actually. During his tenure at UF, many of his players were nearly as likely to appear on a crime blotter as on a game day roster. He didn't care about their character during recruiting nor their behavior once on the team so long as the team was winning. That was all that mattered.

Of course, nowadays in both college and the NFL, it's much more likely that a player's (or coach's) illegal or even just unseemly behavior will have a serious negative impact on the team. We'll see if Meyer can adjust, but I also suspect not.

One thing you can be sure of: Whether he tries to keep his players (and coaches) upstanding or not, whether he succeeds at that or not, it won't be because he suddenly started caring about anyone but himself.

Gerry
Old 09-15-2021, 07:42 AM
Wallhanger

aaron hernandez is a prime example
Old 09-15-2021, 08:42 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfin123 View Post
aaron hernandez is a prime example
And the Pouncey's
Old 09-15-2021, 09:21 AM
Wallhanger

His name is already being talked about for the USC job. For a control freak college is perfect, pro ball not so much.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:44 PM
Minnow

Come on guys! Seriously! We're MN sports fans - it's like we perpetually suck at any and all (college and pros). Don't beat each other up, our teams already do that.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:42 AM
Keeper

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ly-viral-video

Jacksonville Owner and Fans: We should hire Urban Meyer, he has been successful at every stop

Urban Meyer: I will make the organization famous...right after I finish dinner with my grandkids

Random Cell Phone User: Hey, isn't that Urban Meyer getting a lap dance at the bar

ESPN: Let's run it, this dumpster fire may take the focus of our dumpster fire...

Chaos and success follow this guy everywhere he lands. What is the price of success for Jacksonville? How long does Khan put up with this nonsense without the accompanying success? Meyer seems to be the proverbial monkey doing what he does to the football once again...

Doyle hire/fire - failed, should have known better from the Ohio St fiasco
Tebow experiment - failed, college-level antics in a grown man league
Meyer treating NFL vets like college kids - failed, college-level antics in a grown man league
Trever Lawrence - not living up to the hype, but showed some glimmer of hope last week
Travis Etienne as wideout - failed, college-level antics in a grown man league

Seems like USC might be a good fit, they don't seem to mind controversy and irrelevance as long as they get a big name (ie Sark, Kiffin)...or maybe he should stick with Tebow and ESPN on gameday from the booth? Cue the heart condition, should be arriving about thanksgiving just in time to name an interim coach and another retirement for Meyer...Or, maybe, just maybe he can hang on til the end of the season and become a "consultant" for Alabama or Georgia next season. If I were a season ticket holder in Jax, I wouldn't be in a hurry to renew for the next couple seasons.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:53 AM
Wallhanger

I think he is finding out just what a dumpster fire Jacksonville is and unlike college getting one or two studs won't help. Plus he is over his head there so...........whats wrong with a little lap dance?

Now the fun part. We find out what kind of values Khan has & if power boy doesn't get fired we find out if Mrs power boy takes the money and life style of sends him packing.