Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Snot Swab Testing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2021, 08:08 PM
Wallhanger

Default Snot Swab Testing

Took my Snot Swab test today for Canada. The process couldnít have gone any smoother. Took a total of 4 minutes from the time I pulled up at Walgreens till the time I pulled out. I had my Real ID NAAT results in 70 minutes. Iím glad I studied for the test last night.

I was able to enter all of the required info. into ArriveCAN with no problems. I should be all set to take off early Tuesday morning to cross at the Soo within plenty of time left in the 72hour window.

Although a few extra steps are required to go on a Canadian trip this year, it was well worth the effort. Iím truly looking forward to the trip ,which will include a day fly in trip to Zizania Lake for walleye and pike and a portage trip into Clearwater Lake for lake trout along with a lot of other exploring Eagle Lake.

The 1000 mile drive each way will also be enjoyable for myself as I will get to see all the fall colors for 10 days, fish a bit and relax a lot.

Iím not sure Lord Gord is looking forward to my visit,but Iím sure he will survive/struggle through it.

Iíll make sure to post a trip report once I get back to reality.

PjShorthorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2021, 08:18 PM
Wallhanger

Safe travels.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:30 AM
Wallhanger

PJ, do they charge you for the quick results? Mine took a couple days for results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2021, 12:06 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg View Post
PJ, do they charge you for the quick results? Mine took a couple days for results.
The crazy part was that the gal only asked for my first and last name. She didnít ask for ID, insurance card or my appointment confirmation documents.All they had was my address,email and phone number.

I donít think Iíll be getting a bill from the insurance company or Walgreens.

PjShorthorn
Old 09-19-2021, 01:52 PM
Wallhanger

Fishing should be good. Have a great trip. Weíre going to Jamaica in late October and have to get that testing also. I donít mind the test itís that the time frame window is short, and gives anxiety if one of us tests positive and we canít go. Thatís why I bought trip insurance though so it wonít be a financial hit. Just disappointment.
Live and die on this day......
Old 09-20-2021, 08:42 AM
Wallhanger

Same goes for our group last week (9/10 - 9/19). I made my online appointment at Walgreens a couple of days earlier for 8:30 AM testing on Thursday morning, the day before our border crossing. Upon arrival at 8:25 AM, I was the only car in line at the drive through. I swabbed my nose, put the swab back into the paper sleeve, and sent it back in through the window. I had my ID NOW results via text containing a link to a PDF in a little over an hour. Testing was free. The process was similar for the other guys, except one guy waited in line for 1.5 hours due to the long line at the specific pharmacy he chose at around 1:00 PM. They were dispensing prescriptions and doing COVID testing using the same drive-through, so I would recommend that you try not to choose a busy time for your testing. We all printed PDF copies of our results.

We crossed the border into Canada at about 7:00 PM on Friday evening. We were the only vehicle in line when we arrived. The border agent was wearing a mask, but none of us were wearing ours. He didn't say a word about it. The border agent asked us the standard questions, we all had our passports, vaccination cards, and COVID results ready, and we were on our way in a matter of a couple of minutes. We chose to go through Baudette/Rainy River due to the horror stories from International Falls/Ft. Francis here on WC from previous weeks.

We returned to the US through International Falls/Ft Francis on Saturday afternoon. Again, we were the only vehicle in line. He asked us the standard questions and wanted to see our passports and my vehicle rental agreement. National had not given me a paper copy, but I had saved a screenshot of my rental agreement on my phone in case it was needed. He was fine with it and we went on our merry way. He did not ask any questions about COVID and did not ask to see our vaccination cards upon our return.

PJ, I hope that your trip goes well, you catch 'um up, and return safely!
Old 09-20-2021, 09:19 AM
Wallhanger

I went up end of August. Arrived at my testing site. a short 3.5 hours later we were on our way to cross the boarder. No cars in line, pulled up and the agent was wearing a mask. I role down my window and he says. "put your mask on now". After digging for 2 minutes i found one. He then said i'm randomly selected to submit another covid test to enter, and it's all done online. Pull up the road take it and put it into the drop location at sleave's auto.... Then someone yelled in the back "krueger's auto"... at which time the boarder guard looked at me and said. "i'm not from around here".... I confirmed where i was supposed to go... and off i went.

Opened the self serve test kit, tried to download the app i had to enter my data in, it wouldn't load. but it did say "need to test in 24hrs" so decided to go to the cabin which i haven't seen in two years.

Next morning went back to the village, app still wouldn't work. went back to boarder guard, they told me it's mandatory, asked if i can use a computer or wifi there. they said no. Go to a library 5 miles away. Got to library finally got my information in, then it turned into a skype call with someone who administered the test virtually. a quick 45 minutes (eyes role) later and we checked that box and were back to the cabin.

total PITA, glad others had it faster/easier/quicker. hope my return trip is smoother. I was also with my 82 year old father, so i'm sure that added to some of the complexity/confusion. ha ha
Old 09-20-2021, 10:30 AM
Wallhanger

my group of 3 are crossing at the Roseau Mn site on Oct 4th a monday. We will be tested in Bemidji Mn Sanford health care Friday afternoon, sure hope it goes well, makes me nervous. Results come back in the form of a mychart message. Have the arriveCan on my phone, what exactly do you have to do? just answer some questions? Sanford says no guarantees that results will come back in under 72 hours
Old 09-20-2021, 11:39 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Walker View Post
my group of 3 are crossing at the Roseau Mn site on Oct 4th a monday. We will be tested in Bemidji Mn Sanford health care Friday afternoon, sure hope it goes well, makes me nervous. Results come back in the form of a mychart message. Have the arriveCan on my phone, what exactly do you have to do? just answer some questions? Sanford says no guarantees that results will come back in under 72 hours
OCT 4 TH !!!!! all this wedding business in my world will be OVER!! thats the million dollar date where i can go some where before its to cold

OCT4Th

OCT4TH
Old 09-20-2021, 11:45 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Walker View Post
that's one reason it took us so long at the thrifty white in Baudette, everyone infront of us was their because their tests didn't get back in time.

that arrivecan app is pretty intuitive. just follow the prompts.