Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Welcome to the NFL Urban. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-12-2021, 01:31 PM
Wallhanger

Default Welcome to the NFL Urban.

You can start the countdown on him quitting.

This is big boy football now.
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2021, 08:18 AM
Wallhanger

2 years!! then the wife will lower the boom
Old 09-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Wallhanger

I'm sorry that you are butt hurt from the pounding OSU has been giving the Gophers, but your post is WAY premature.

One game into his first season. The team he is coaching had the worst record in the NFL last year, and had losing records the prior two years. What did you think, he would turn it around in one game? It doesn't work that way.

Like him or not, he literally has won EVERYWHERE he has been. It will take time, but my guess is that he will be successful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2021, 01:35 PM
Wallhanger

Even though Meyer coached the Gators (my college team) to 2 national championships, I always intensely disliked him - and then the bogus way he left the team really cast my thoughts of him in cement. I don't wish the Jaguars any ill, but I don't wish Meyer any good, either.

Gerry
Old 09-13-2021, 01:40 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBin303 View Post
I'm sorry that you are butt hurt from the pounding OSU has been giving the Gophers, but your post is WAY premature.

One game into his first season. The team he is coaching had the worst record in the NFL last year, and had losing records the prior two years. What did you think, he would turn it around in one game? It doesn't work that way.

Like him or not, he literally has won EVERYWHERE he has been. It will take time, but my guess is that he will be successful.

Why would I be butthurt OSU beats the Gophers? It's really not any different than the chances OSU has against Bama.

Anyway, Urban will move on. He won't take the losing and he will figure out boosters can't recruit in the NFL. The cushy TV job will start looking pretty good to him or maybe he can get the Bama job if Saban retires?
Old 09-13-2021, 03:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Why would I be butthurt OSU beats the Gophers? It's really not any different than the chances OSU has against Bama.

Anyway, Urban will move on. He won't take the losing and he will figure out boosters can't recruit in the NFL. The cushy TV job will start looking pretty good to him or maybe he can get the Bama job if Saban retires?
Wow. Your lack of football knowledge comes out again (kind of like when you said neither Mac Jones or Justin Fields would be chosen before the 3rd round).

You do realize that Meyer and Saban are tied head to head (2-2), right? If you compare their records over the last 7 years, Meyer has a better winning %.

Conversely, a quick search shows that Minnesota hasn't been able to come up with a win vs OSU since 10/14/2000. So, I guess I understand you being butthurt.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:15 PM
Wallhanger

Ya I'm a football novice. Until 10 minutes ago I thought we were talking about Soccer.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:23 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBin303 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post

Wow. Your lack of football knowledge comes out again (kind of like when you said neither Mac Jones or Justin Fields would be chosen before the 3rd round).

You do realize that Meyer and Saban are tied head to head (2-2), right? If you compare their records over the last 7 years, Meyer has a better winning %.

Conversely, a quick search shows that Minnesota hasn't been able to come up with a win vs OSU since 10/14/2000. So, I guess I understand you being butthurt.
Who gives a Rat Finky ! Go fishing for cripes sake !!! 🤣
Old 09-13-2021, 03:28 PM
Wallhanger

meyer has won everywhere he's been, a great coach no doubt, but he's had health issues, if he can keep his cool and handle the business end of the nfl he might be ok but the first trip to the hospital and his wife gonna say we've got plenty of money, your done!! saban didn't last to long
Old 09-14-2021, 03:53 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post
Even though Meyer coached the Gators (my college team) to 2 national championships, I always intensely disliked him

Gerry
Why?