Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac Hebert - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-22-2018, 09:23 AM
Minnow

Default Lac Hebert

My small group has taken at least 10 yearly trips to a different lac in Quebec. Maybe we are naive but have never experienced fishing remotely productive as others have reported at this lake. Reports talk about catching hundreds and hundreds of walleye over the course a week. Is the fishing this good? Have we been foolish going back to a spot that has never really produced? I hesitated to write this posting not wanting to offend others yet never saw or heard anyone report this kind of success. Is it really this good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 05:10 PM
Keeper

Default Hebert

The short answer is yes, Hebert is that good. Why? is an interesting question.
Twelve miles long and a maximum depth not much over sixty feet and not much of that. In my opinion that, coupled with vast schools of baitfish I have marked accounts for it's productivity. There is no dead, deep water in Hebert, just one big horror story for anything under eight inches.
I won't reiterate some of my former posts. I'm not a liar, have no money coming to me for singing Heberts praises. It's a phenomenon. Will it last? Who knows.
I took three fly-ins to Hebert. I can't do another right now. Octanehi5 is the man for information on Hebert. We had great get-together's with his group when we were there. Ron shared information freely and I may have given a little back.
I and my group have had great trips to some other lakes in Quebec but Hebert is unique. Definitely a bucket list trip. What more can I say than another great season is upon us. Just a few weeks to the opener. No ice where we start. Good luck.

Ron
Old 04-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Minnow

Appreciate. Your taking the time to reply Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 06:54 PM
Keeper

Default Hebert

Lk, Give it time. You will get feedback on Hebert. Most of the site are NW Ontario walleye fisherman. There are several members that are familiar with Hebert. They will chime in in due time.
Don't worry about offending me. I don't offend easily and on a walleye board if things bother you, you might as well take up catfishing. There I've done it......I've offended Catfishermen.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:37 PM
Wallhanger

Default Search results

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...rchid=74626105
Old 04-23-2018, 07:27 AM
Minnow

Taking my 16yr old son there 2nd week of July for the 1st time this year,hoping for a late spring and big numbers,will report.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Charter Member

I did a nine day fly in into Lac Hebert 20-29 Jun 2014. Both the fishing and the accommodations were outstanding. I consider Air Tamarack a first rate outfitter.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Wallhanger

It's a good lake and lots of guys report catching around 50 fish per day per rod. That's pretty good fishing right there. There are posters* here who know the lake well and I believe you can get a map of it from Navionics now, so you should be able to locate some good spots with a few tips. Take plenty of worms, sounds like bait is a plus for numbers.

*fishron, walleyeandre, octanehi5
Old 04-24-2018, 05:49 AM
Keeper

Default 2016

The 6 guys in my group in July 2016 caught over 2000 eyes during a sun / sun period. It was great action. Fish the side of the lake the wind blows INTO. We'll be back this July.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:07 AM
Minnow

Smile Hebert

10 guys from Rochester, NY went to Hebert last year first week in July. Everything that has been said here is 100% correct. With some excellent advise from these guys we caught 1702 eyes and a few northerns. Air Tamarac is a 5 star outfit, You will not be disappointed. This year we are going June 22 for a week. Doug