Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Border - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 04-10-2020, 11:00 AM
Wallhanger

Hey Glenn if your outfitter will not allow residents from Ontario to fly as you stated because of the tightness in the plane are you going to search for a drivin resort? I assume there would be plenty openings as long as the border is closed,rod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2020, 11:24 AM
Wallhanger

Camp owners can stock up on less expensive boat fuel, plus take advantage of deposits money
of $1.00 US to $1.42 of real money.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:27 AM
Wallhanger

I’m glad it’s ok for grown men to cry because I might shed a few tears reading you Ontario guys trip reports,but still have not lost all hope yet as far as border crossing for June
Old 04-10-2020, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Eckohlt;6421558]Hey Glenn if your outfitter will not allow residents from Ontario to fly as you stated because of the tightness in the plane are you going to search for a drivin resort? I assume there would be plenty openings as long as the border is closed,rod[/QUOTE]

If you are not an essential service in Ontario, you are closed. That includes tourist camps.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:22 PM
Keeper

As V_Bay says...if not essential, its not happening. So as of now our tourist trade in ALL aspects is shut down. We are just hoping and praying some of the "essential" limitations will be lifted. I dont think its our outfitter who is saying no to the flying, im surmising tht the airway owner and pilots and dockhands, etc would not want to deal with us or our gear. Our only plans as far as a plan B, rebook to a later date...late AUG-Sept. As of now, we here cant even imagine a drive to camp either cause they would be 100% closed to. We cant even launch a boat, canoe, kayak as of now in most areas....ALL CLOSED.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Wallhanger

F N crazy not letting people launch boats or canoes in the outdoors. This is going to pass and only the media will prolong it to make their biased reports. Hopefully outfitters can get back to business soon n be ready for May, but I think July is more the call based on the media.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:04 PM
Keeper

Forecast for fishing in Ontario this summer... Chance of none and plenty misery.

As said in the last thread before the response was pulled, I don't see it for American's coming across this summer into Ontario at least, and I'm beginning to wonder if we will have much of a season too.

Southern and eastern Ontario's rules I imagine will continue to spread on northward, some already are....

Boat launches barricaded, some policed. ie; near GTA.

All Crown Land camping in Ontario is now shut down until further notice.

Non-essential businesses are closed. Sadly but certainly that includes Fishing Lodges & Outfitters.

Towns near the GTA and Ottawa Valleys are declaring a State of Emergency (some reasons being to stop out-of-towners from coming in. Cottagers being a principle reason.

With all this happening here to Canadians it'll be a cold day in He!! before the doors open at the borders. At what, 10X's our population, allowing folks in could "potentially" cause too great a risk to our people and Healthcare system. Unless things change drastically with how both countries extinguish their pandemics, this is going to drag on. And I don't like it anymore than any of you do. Fishing life is really gonna suck for alot of people this spring, summer and maybe into fall.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:14 PM
Wallhanger

Ughh, I still have hope....

I think it is too early to pull the trigger yet on shutting it down long term. But I'm a glass half full kind of guy.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:23 AM
Wallhanger

Default Moosebunk

Moosebunk do you have any solid intel on the border opening time frame or you just guessing like the rest of us?but you are right on about the invasion of tourist coming from usa that they don’t want