Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
G.Loomis warranty - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-05-2020, 07:44 AM
Wallhanger

Default G.Loomis warranty

Wonder if others had recent similar experience...

Early June tip on my Loomis rod broke. ... one I had for over 5 years ... Week later I shipped it to Loomis .. have not heard anything for month so sent email from their website. This triggered prompt response that it is on backorder .... this was about 3 months ago .. Is this normal. ? Is this cause the rods are made in China ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2020, 10:40 PM
Keeper

I sent in a rod in a couple months ago and Loomis did replace and sent me a new one. I remember getting an email about it being on back order but than 2 weeks later it had a shipping notification. This was just a e6x rod. June time frame most likely... I feel like they weren’t accepting warranty work as COVID my travel on my fishing rod and i got mine in right when they opened back up (I might be thinking about St. Croix too.. I sorta broke 2 rods on my first fishing trip )
Old 09-06-2020, 10:37 AM
Wallhanger

Covid has impacted mfg in all areas.
MinnKota Terrova 80/60/24 ipilot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2020, 08:48 PM
Wallhanger

My Fenwick broke. It too has a lifetime warranty. IF you have the receipt. My retailer has upgraded their system 3 times since I bought it in 2008, so no help there. But, if I pay $20, it will be replaced, anyway. I dropped it off last week (Joe's Sporting Goods, St. Paul - takes care of the claim, shipping, etc.). They said it would be maybe Dec. or Jan. before the replacement comes in. I only used it when trash fishing (Northern Pike), so I can wait.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:58 PM
Keeper

My wife and I broke 3 rods in early summer. It took St. Croix about 6 week to replace them because they were shutdown for a while.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
My wife and I broke 3 rods in early summer. It took St. Croix about 6 week to replace them because they were shutdown for a while.
I usually break 1 rod about every 5 years. My wife and I have broken 3 this year. Must be a Colorado thing. I am pretty anal about rod care and storage, and our rods all broke on bigger fish (Mostly sewer salmon). I just go buy another, then send in my old ones for replacement. I am still waiting for 2 St Croix's to be replaced from 1.5 months ago. I will just keep them as spares when they finally get here.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Old 09-08-2020, 02:52 PM
Keeper

We fished 5 days in a row at Pueblo haha. On the 3rd or so day I think both of us were pretty frustrated with all the snags. That's when stuff started breaking!
Old 09-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Marcus Trajan Not Logged In

If there is another similar model to the one you broke that you would accept you could inquire about that. I broke a GLX Walleye rod in June. Called them up and was told that there was a 3-4 month back order for that model. I asked if I could get a different GLX rod instead, was told yes and had a GLX shakeyhead rod in less than a week.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
We fished 5 days in a row at Pueblo haha. On the 3rd or so day I think both of us were pretty frustrated with all the snags. That's when stuff started breaking!
We fished P-Low Saturday night after most of the lake lice left. Fished for catfish and wipers, not a bump. Got hung up on every tree in 50' of water and lost lots of terminal tackle.

On a good note, my LED lights worked great, and somehow I managed to catch the 3rd deck of a houseboat. Luckily the owner was very nice and returned my lure.

Oh, and the wife somehow managed to drop my Cannon track system rod holder to the bottom of the North Marina, so I couldn't leave without something costing me $.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Old 09-09-2020, 07:51 PM
Wallhanger

Guess what .. new rod arrived today ... not exactly same model but close enough ...me happy...