Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing report lakes oahe/sharpe pierre area for may 14th and 15th 2020 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 05-16-2020, 11:17 AM
Keeper

Default Fishing report lakes oahe/sharpe pierre area for may 14th and 15th 2020

I just finished fishing a real nice group from down around North Platte Ne. The group lead by Brad Morrison had reasonable weather and decent bite. We worked hard day one fishing on Sharpe and came in a few fish short of limits but made up for it day two filling both walleye limits and smallmouth limits. We caught most of these fish shallow in around 5 fow on both bouncer minnow and flicker shad plugs. The corps had dropped the water level in Sharpe day one and then just ran current like crazy with the goal to flush out mud and sand bars that had developed over the winter months. The water wash really muddied things up day one. Water temps on Sharpe are in the low 50's and colder on Oahe. The bite around Pierre on Oahe is still slow, I have heard up river it is going. Lots of boats and RV'S around but from what I observed everyone is being respective of this 19 virus stuff and keeping up with the precautions recommended. Caution is still the word but getting outdoors with a fishing rod in your hand seems to me to be as good a way to minimize risks and break the cabin fever occurring from the stay at home life many of us have been doing. Most of the fish cleaning stations and bathrooms are no open now.

Hutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2020, 05:32 PM
Minnow

Default Coming to Gettysburg and Bob's 20th of June

Myself and 3 of my buddies are braving the Covid 19 and coming to Oahe in June... haven't fished that area since I was a kid, fishing from the shore.
Any suggestions or recommendations for Walleye and Northerns? We normally go to Canada, but can't this year... so we are a little lost. We normally use bottom bouncer and lindy rigs with either crawlers or minnows for walleyes, and casting spoons and trolling for Northerns...
And suggestions on where to go? thanks.. John
Old 05-19-2020, 02:03 PM
Keeper

Head up the Cheyenne River. Wont have to go to far up the river, maybe 1-4 miles. Wind blown points with a mud line and run your bottom bouncer program and you will do fine. Pry find more small mouth than northern pike. Look for 5-15 fow. Sometimes they can be very shallow. Hope this helps.
Ulterra Linked with
Helix 12 and 10 Mega
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2020, 02:13 PM
Minnow

Default Coming to Gettysburg and Bob's 20th of June

hey-- thanks.. we need all the help we can get... can't come soon enough... ready to fish!
Old 05-19-2020, 03:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosechaser View Post
Head up the Cheyenne River. Wont have to go to far up the river, maybe 1-4 miles. Wind blown points with a mud line and run your bottom bouncer program and you will do fine. Pry find more small mouth than northern pike. Look for 5-15 fow. Sometimes they can be very shallow. Hope this helps.

We think alike. I pmd him some info along these lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2020, 09:45 AM
Minnow

launched out of bob's a few times years ago and always found walleyes a short ride up or down river. pulled bouncers crawlers 10-20 ft following contours on points and in bays. pitched shallow if the wind was pounding the shoreline
Old 05-29-2020, 02:01 PM
Wallhanger

Cheyenne area is muddy muddy water. Not producing anything right now from what I'm hearing. Guys that know the area fishing in boats picking up maybe 1 fish per man while fishing 8-10 hours.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:56 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrand View Post
Cheyenne area is muddy muddy water. Not producing anything right now from what I'm hearing. Guys that know the area fishing in boats picking up maybe 1 fish per man while fishing 8-10 hours.

Id go a little north then. A lot of options around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2020, 09:15 PM
Wallhanger

Ill be up on Oahe June 7-15. looking forward to it. never been there