Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Two Boats sink Sturgeon Bay ? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-01-2021, 02:16 PM
Wallhanger

Been a rash of boat incidents on the Detroit. Don't know if it's bad luck, new boaters, people with enough free time that they're trying bigger water or a mix of the above

Boat caught on fire last night, everyone rescued by hand liners who were in the area.

Boat taking on water a few days ago, crew abandoned ship and were rescued on the BASF break wall.

Before that some yahoos were drinking and fooling around and tried to climb the wall at BASF. One of them did not survive.

Be careful out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2021, 02:28 PM
Keeper

So water caved that dudes boat in?! Before the storm even? How the **** does that happen..
Old 06-01-2021, 02:45 PM
Wallhanger

This comment is not to start an argument but a boat hull doesn't cave in from calm water. The damage maybe occurred in previous instance. Does the guy fish sturgeon bay area often? That would explain it to me. Bass boats are not the best choice for this area. They are made for speed, not pounding great lakes waves. I'm glad the gentleman is ok and hope he can fish again soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2021, 02:46 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
So water caved that dudes boat in?! Before the storm even? How the **** does that happen..
Glass boat.
Old 06-01-2021, 05:58 PM
Charter Member

From the looks of the picture of the one boat, I wonder if one boat T-boned the other one?

It rather looks like a mid hull hit - like from the bow of another boat.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:34 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy View Post
This comment is not to start an argument but a boat hull doesn't cave in from calm water. The damage maybe occurred in previous instance. Does the guy fish sturgeon bay area often? That would explain it to me. Bass boats are not the best choice for this area. They are made for speed, not pounding great lakes waves. I'm glad the gentleman is ok and hope he can fish again soon.
That sounds right, and yea it seems he’s from the area and those bass guys love to fly around pounding the water, they think they are on TV LOL, I see them pounding all around the water sometimes more than fishing.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 06-02-2021, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
From the looks of the picture of the one boat, I wonder if one boat T-boned the other one?

It rather looks like a mid hull hit - like from the bow of another boat.
I thought it odd that none of the glass is pushed inward. It's like the side of the boat blew out - stress on the hull from hitting a wave hard would result in the side of the boat blowing outward. Getting hit by another boat would have the glass blown inward. Just my thought.