Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing report lakes oahe/sharpe pierre area for june 15th thru june 24th 2021 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 06-24-2021, 07:16 PM
Keeper

Default Fishing report lakes oahe/sharpe pierre area for june 15th thru june 24th 2021

Fishing around the Pierre area on both Sharpe and Oahe has been excellent. Everyone is catching walleye, smallmouth, northern and even catfish. I have been on the water most days and have been coming in with limits of walleye every trip. Many days we are done early with full limits and have been getting off the water to beat the heat. In some areas we are catching the walleye in 10 fow or less. Some days in certain areas the fish are starting to move deeper so catching them around 20 fow is not uncommon. I have been using spinner/crawler rigs on bottom bouncers but just about all baits, leeches, minnows and plugs are working as the bite is very good. This year is a very busy year with a lot of boats on the water so expect to see ramps and areas of both lakes being used. Courtesy at ramps and on the water is especially important with the traffic that is around. Every year I mention at least once that to most experienced anglers hunting the walleye is as important as catching and eating them. It is not hard to find other boats on the water but it can be hard to find walleye. To me and a lot of anglers that is the best part of the sport The Hunt. I love to catch walleye and I love to eat them but I would not be guiding for them if finding them wasn't so much fun and rewarding. If you really want to be at the top level of all fishing learn how to find the fish. It takes time but most sports require practice to excel and so does fishing. It is summer now so light clothing sun screen lots of water and insect repellant are in order. Make sure to pull plugs before leaving ramps as they are enforcing the plug removal law that was put in force to prevent the transporting of invasive species.

Hutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement