Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ice suits - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 02-25-2019, 08:40 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble Eye 62 View Post
The Striker Predator has fit my needs well, comfortable, warm and flexible, in my opinion.

Finally something we can agree on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2019, 08:43 PM
Keeper

+1 more for the Striker Predator.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWarrior View Post
Finally something we can agree on.

I suspect there are many things we actually agree on.
For example, Scott Frost is a God!
Old 03-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Keeper

My buddy just had to patch his Predator suit. He was unknowingly up against the auger splines and it cut a hole right above crotch level. The rip-stop material is lighter on the Predator than it is on my Lake Effect. Lake Effect material is more like cordura and the Predator is more lighter like a rip-stop nylon.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:18 PM
Wallhanger

That's one of the reasons I purchased the hardwater jackets, they have the heavier outer shell also.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWarrior View Post
Did you go through the ice? I’ve been in freezing water after a kayak tip and it almost cost me my life. That was when I decided on the float suit for ice fishing. Did the suit help, and how did you get out, assuming you went through the ice?

I will say I did not have any buoyancy when I went in with cotton hoodie and blue jeans.

Yes I broke through the ice while trying to retrieve a 4-wheeler that a friend had put through the ice in a narrows the day before in late winter. The water was over my head (probably 15'). The suit held me up, i did not panic, just had my buddies throw me a rope with a big loop, put it under my arms and let them drag me onto the ice. Since there were other people right on the spot, I would have more then likely have made it out OK without the suit, but it did keep me up with no effort from my part. It all worked quite well, convincing me the suit was a great purchase.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
Yes I broke through the ice while trying to retrieve a 4-wheeler that a friend had put through the ice in a narrows the day before in late winter. The water was over my head (probably 15'). The suit held me up, i did not panic, just had my buddies throw me a rope with a big loop, put it under my arms and let them drag me onto the ice. Since there were other people right on the spot, I would have more then likely have made it out OK without the suit, but it did keep me up with no effort from my part. It all worked quite well, convincing me the suit was a great purchase.

Thanks. I’ve wondered about it but haven’t taken my to open water to try it.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:39 AM
Keeper

I tried the Hardwater bibs and jacket but the XL jacket was too big and the L was too small. I kept the Hardwater bibs and I love them. I ended up going with a Predator jacket because it fit better. There is a difference in sizes between the Predator and the Hardwater series. The jacket is only OK to me, it doesn't seem to fit me well and I keep getting quite a bit of air down the back of my neck if I don't have the hood up. On the back of my Predator jacket, there is an adjustable air vent and on windy days with the vent closed, this air vent lets through air and my back gets cold when fishing outside. There were a couple of windy days that I chose my Carhartt jacket over the Predator jacket just because of the wind coming through the air vent. I love the Hardwater bibs but I will probably see if I can find a different jacket next year.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:39 PM
Minnow

Reed's in Walker, Minnesota has some great deals on Striker Predator suits going on right now.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy63 View Post
I be short and to the point. What is best ice suit and why?
welp, late and Ill go against the grain....I have Mustang Survival Catalyst bibs and coat....its hot if nice out. love it.