Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
LOTW Morson Area - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 12-06-2021, 11:50 AM
Slot Fish

Default LOTW Morson Area

We are considering LOTW for a guys trip in 2022. I checked with Mylie's but they don't have availability at this time. Does anyone know anything about Buena Vista? A local friend recomended them? Are there docks protected from the wind? Any other on land recommendations? We do not want to be on an island.
Thanks,
Bergy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2021, 12:47 PM
Wallhanger

you could check out saarelas moonlite bay resort, its on an island but only 1/2 mile from mylies, the owner is mylies niece.. ask for unit 1 , its sets literally over the water, i was casting while tending the bbq at the same time.. good docks, cool owners, great location...
Old 12-06-2021, 01:59 PM
Minnow

Our first stay on LOW was at Buena Vista. I can't say anything bad about the place. It's a nice place. The people there are really nice. Ate at the restaurant a couple times and food was real good. As far as the docks protection from the wind I can't remember. I think a wind out of the north-west can be a problem. Since that year we've stayed a Grassy narrows and Rex Toltens Milesbay camp. Both places on a island. Both places close to some of the best fishing in that area. Havnt stayed there but check out Red Wing lodge I think its close to Mylies place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

The docks are protected, but with a big west wind, it is difficult to get out of there.

I think you'll be happy at Buena Vista.

Another option would be RedWing... if you want mainland.

As mentioned previously, Megan and Andrew at Moonlight Bay are amazing people, and you would love that place.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
The docks are protected, but with a big west wind, it is difficult to get out of there.

I think you'll be happy at Buena Vista.

Another option would be RedWing... if you want mainland.

As mentioned previously, Megan and Andrew at Moonlight Bay are amazing people, and you would love that place.
What Obabikon said re: BV, also Red Wing. Obabikon has a very nice camp in a great fishing area , but it is on an island, but which is well protected from the wind.

Bill
Old 12-07-2021, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

why is staying on a island not an option?
Old 12-08-2021, 06:38 PM
Wallhanger

I have nothing bad to say about BV. I've stayed there and they met all my expectations. However, I like Red Wing. Nice resort and a lot less busy than BV. Dock are well protected from any wind. Walleye and Musky fishing is good in this area. There is also a bonus crappie bite that can be had.
Old 12-10-2021, 03:52 PM
Slot Fish

What can you tell me about Red Wing Lodge? Close to good Walleye fishing in July? How are the cabins and grounds? Are the docks protected from the wind? Thanks
Old 12-10-2021, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Red Wing is more protected from the wind when heading out fishing. Buena Vista has on site dining. Both docks are protected from the wind while the boats are tied up.

Lots of walleye fishing relatively close... (10-15 minutes at the most)
Old 12-10-2021, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

Launched over the years at BV and Milies, when I camped out on the lake, both were good. Stayed right at Red Wing about 20 years ago. Nice place, only thing which I remember was having a choice of launching my boat myself, or having a hand do it for $10. Funny how you remember certain stuff - but the landing was situated with a tree on either side, and very, very little space for maneuverings. They used a tractor, not all that unusual, but still remember thinking how close the trees were, just a coincident, eh?

Bill