Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Line Counter Reels Recommendation - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2021, 05:14 PM
Wallhanger

If I was buying today in the more expensive reels. I would seriously look at the dawia lexa 300 linecounter low profile reels. In the 5.5 gear ratio. I do not like the higher 6 type gear ratio for walleyes. I have some fairly new walleye trollers I fish with. To easy for them to reel way to fast. End up loosing the fish with the 6 something gear ratios. I have the first gen tekota 300lc. Switched the drags to carbontex. I had some of the early dawia sg17s. Had malfunctions with 2 out of three. They may have upgraded the parts now. I am not crazy about the new tekota with only high speed gear ratio. Plus they did not fix the line counter sticking out the side. As far as how much you spend. Kind of depends on how much you fish. How many years you will still be fishing. Of course what you can afford. I did spend a decent amount less then 200 on my original tekota 300lcs.

Last edited by Snowking; 02-05-2021 at 05:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2021, 12:19 AM
Minnow

I have purchase Sougayilang –TRA 30R line counter and so far it was good experience with this line counter. I've used it once, and already very happy with it. It seems to have a solid drag, smooth casting and an overall rigidity (a good one!) not found in most reels in this price point. The big handle is very comfortable for fighting big fish. There is some other line counter reels too that you can review and purchase which you want it depends on your requirement. I live near Lake Mead and the fish are around 100 ft. Sougayilang –TRA 30R gets down to the proper depth and works better than my other reels.

Last edited by Hawker; 12-07-2021 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:31 AM
Wallhanger

Default Diawa Sealine Good Choice

Diawa Sealine17 and 27 for braid or mono.

Diawa Sealine 47 for lead core.

For rods spare the expense,so my choice the Gary Roach telescoping 9 1/2' (Reeds Walker) has a bunch of them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2021, 08:41 AM
Slot Fish

I have 6 of the Okuma Coldwater line counter reels. I chose the smaller size reel with left hand retrieve (I am right handed and normally crank my spinning reels with the left hand - thought I would give the Left a try). Reels are joined with 7' Berkeley Lighting rods. This set up works fine for me - especially with inline planer boards. Reel/rod setups work fine - nothing but good to report.
bestfishes - jim
Old 12-07-2021, 09:46 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
ive had great service out of Daiwa Sealines
My experience as well - 17's and 27's. It's a best bang for the buck.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Anderson View Post
I have purchase(d) Sougayilang –TRA 30R line counter and so far it was (a) good experience with this line counter. I've used it once, and already (am) very happy with it. It seems to have a solid drag, smooth casting and an overall rigidity (a good one!) not found in most reels in this price point. The big handle is very comfortable for fighting big fish. There is (are) some other line counter reels too that you can review and purchase which you want it depends on your requirement (incoherent syntax). I live near Lake Mead and the fish are around 100 ft. Sougayilang –TRA 30R gets down to the proper depth and works better than my other reels.

You cast with a line counter? You have used it once and you are praising its features? That, coupled with your flawed grasp of the English language suggests that your name is not James Anderson and you are using this forum for advertising purposes only. Go away.

Read your owner's manual.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:56 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8go4s View Post
You cast with a line counter? You have used it once and you are praising its features? That, coupled with your flawed grasp of the English language suggests that your name is not James Anderson and you are using this forum for advertising purposes only. Go away.
My thoughts also Ron.