Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2022 Suburban LT - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2021, 06:59 PM
Keeper

Default 2022 Suburban LT

Good evening friends... Well, another saga is complete. I have shared with you all that I ordered a 2021 Suburban LT on Valentine's day - yes, 2-14-21 and after delay after delay, I received my truck yesterday. So, it took approximately 10 months to complete my build and deliver to my dealership. An interesting change was that I ordered a 2021 and they had to build a 2022. The MSRP differential was $1365 more and I expected that and was curious how the dealership would handle this. Well, I did not expect to have a $1000 discount for being a Costco member or another $500 discount for being a health care worker. I also had $1300 in GM points from my credit card so I wasn't over concerned about the increase in the MSRP. So, they gave me a discount on the GM accessory floor mats for the front and middle rows and we called it even. This is my third Suburban LT since 2015 and I find it remarkably fair that the 2015 was $60,000 out the door; the 2018 was $62,000 out the door and the 2022 was $65,000 out the door. We also had the discussion that most Suburbans and Yukon Denali's were being sold for significant dollars over MSRP so I feel fortunate with this purchase. I told my wife this Suburban is the nicest "chick magnet" I have had so far and should take my Lund Impact wherever we choose... She just shakes her head and sighs... Thanks for reading...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2021, 06:25 PM
Wallhanger

Congrats on your new ride! Do you have the 5 3 or the 6.2? Did you have any features you lost due to the chip shortage?
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite 7Ti2
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Old 12-06-2021, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Has the valve lifter issue been resolved in your engine on your new Suburban?

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/12...or-v8-engines/

----------------------
My neighbor purchased a 2021 with the 6.2 engine and had lifter failures after 18,000 miles.

They knew the dealership well and the service manager, replaced all of the lifters and all of the push rods in the engine, rather than just replacing the one or two cylinders worth of lifters that were the initial issue.

Note. The dealer told my neighbor, that roughly 1/2 of all of the 2021 suburbans that they had sold with the 6.2 engines have had the issue with low miles on the new engines.

-------------------------------
Apparently, there was an extremely large lot of defective lifters that had been received from one supplier that got mixed in with the good lifters and are the source of the issue with these particular vehicles. But, if all of the lifters and push rods in the engine are replaced with known good lot parts of lifters and push rods, there should be no issue.

--------------------------------
I would expect that GM would have purged all of the defective lots of push rods and lifters from their stock so as to prevent any issues with the 2022 6.2 engine builds.

Be safe

Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2021, 01:56 PM
Keeper

Thanks REW for the information. I am very content with the 5.3 L engine as this is the engine I have had for years and it has served my family well and is economical with fuel. I will keep my eyes open. As far as things I lost due to chip shortages. They did not install the system that shuts off/turns on your car at every stop light/sign and also some locking mechanism for the steering column. These are both non issues for me. I always appreciate your input.
Old 12-07-2021, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFootdoc View Post
Thanks REW for the information. I am very content with the 5.3 L engine as this is the engine I have had for years and it has served my family well and is economical with fuel. I will keep my eyes open. As far as things I lost due to chip shortages. They did not install the system that shuts off/turns on your car at every stop light/sign and also some locking mechanism for the steering column. These are both non issues for me. I always appreciate your input.
Lucky! I hate the auto stop feature and turn it off every time I start my truck.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:31 PM
Wallhanger

Hope you got a good one. No way am I buying a new vehicle from any manufacturer between 2021-2023, or possibly later. I've worked in the auto industry my entire career and have seen unbelievable and unprecedented things in the last 6 months or so because of material shortages. Materials being swapped out for basically anything they can get that will hopefully work long term, or just get them by in the interim, many times with ZERO testing before they implement the substitute material into production. In times past, they would parking lot vehicles coming out of production to sit until validation testing was complete on a substitute or replacement material, then install the affected part when testing was complete. Not now. It's throw whatever will hopefully work at it, get the vehicle to a dealer, and cross your fingers. And then when the substitute material is in short supply, throw a third candidate at it and cross your fingers. And there's no manufacturer that I've seen that is not having to do that. The dealers are definitely going to keep busy in the next few years cranking out warranty repairs when half of these emergency substitutes don't meet specification and fail early.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:24 PM
nice ride

Default nice ride

Congratus on a very nice ride. ^^Way to poop on a guys new vehicle, stay classy.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:21 AM
Wallhanger

I was just wondering why you only keep the Suburbans 4 years? Do you put a ton of miles on. I tend to keep my Suvs 8 to 10 years now. I also picked up a one ton f350 for work. That I will use for a few long trips towing my boat. Keep some miles off my 15 Dodge Durango.

Last edited by Snowking; 12-08-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:24 AM
Keeper

Snowking, I do put a lot of miles on my car. This pattern may change but I usually keep the vehicle to 60,000 and then I give it to my son and I get a new one. My boy has three little ones and I think there are few, safe vehicles that accept three car seats across the back seat. Both my son and I tow boats and the suburban has always served us well for that function. I am hoping my mileage decreases in the future but I plan to fish a lot more in my next phase of life. We, as a family, have always been very pleased with the reliability, comfort and available features on the midline (LT) level Suburban. I have been tempted to move up to the High Country for the better ride but struggle justifying the extra substantial expense. Enjoy the day...
Old 12-09-2021, 08:52 AM
Keeper

Look at a Yukon. When I went to get my last suburban I checked the price on a Yuko Denali. To my surprise it was about 1300 more than the Sub with a lot more features. Plus got the 6.2 with the 8 speed trans. Mpg, ride and feel are way better than the Suburban I had. Worth a look.